Saddle Oxford Shoes

I had to wear them every day in high school, and despite them being cute, edgy, and soooo comfortable (after 4 years of wear), I was so tired of them that I've worn them maybe once since I graduated a year and a half ago. I did get compliments on them, however. :P

00570m.jpg

catwalking via makhiukwan/vogue.au

love love love them!
looks sooo good with skinny jeans or slim pants...or pufy skirts for girls!
:P
there's a great Martin Margiela take on them...
pop-pe8-22h-01.jpg

love love love them!
looks sooo good with skinny jeans or slim pants...or pufy skirts for girls!
:P
there's a great Martin Margiela take on them...
pop-pe8-22h-01.jpg
pics from the Maison Martin Margiela site
(sorry)

I saw them at Payless (I know, I know...) and featured in the Fall issue of Lula magazine, there was an article on them. I think they're cute.

url

curtdanhauser
I have been forever wanting a pair of Saddle oxford shoes. That is one of the things I want for SpringB:(heart: How much are these?

Oh,of course these shoes are very Lolita and Audrey Horne from Twin Peaks, which I love both of those characters.

i have some :smile:
one dark midnight blue pair and some brown ones. i love them :smile:

i've been looking for a good pair of saddle shoes...but lately i've had no luck. most men's designers don't seem to find the appeal of it these days...and the ones i have seen are usually one colour the entire shoe. i love the style though and will just keep looking :smile:

i know that maripé have some in their women collection.^^
but for men ... dunnow^^

i've been looking for a good pair of saddle shoes...but lately i've had no luck. most men's designers don't seem to find the appeal of it these days...and the ones i have seen are usually one colour the entire shoe. i love the style though and will just keep looking :smile:

i saw a great pair on a mannequin while i was down in Melborune, in the Ralph Lauren store.
i regret not going in and inquiring about them.
i have wanted soem for so long now.

I love the look on others! Aggy looks so cute and quirky in them, but on me I think plain Oxfords are best.

:shifty: Adorable. I'll have to get the entire spectrum.

2h2qfeu.png

ph. Hannah Whitaker

It may be hot and humid outside, but stores are beginning to fill with fall merchandise. The emerging shoe trend: colorful, comfortable oxfords, a welcome evolution from the ubiquitous ballet flat. Pictured, left to right, are four stellar lace-up examples from Opening Ceremony ($322; 212-219-2688; available in August), 3.1 phillip lim ($410; 212-334-1160), Topshop ($125; 212-966-9555), and Kaight ($99; 212-680-5630).
nymag.com

I wore those things in second grade!

I like PayLess because they don't use real leather and animal hides, so cheers for that.

However, the shoes are not my cup of tea. I think the tuxedo/tap Oxfords can be cute but saddles? Really depends on your style I guess

I think Alexa Chung has won me over with her collection of saddle oxfords. I like them in dark brown.

^ Agreed!

I also found a delightful vintage pair in a thrift store the other day. Considering it's condition the sole fell off unfortunately quickly, but nothing some super strong glue can't handle. I especially love the yellow ones in post #33!

spirit68_2.jpg
jumping-jacks.com

i love the grey suede of these ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Los Angeles, October 5. Image via x17]

Attachments

• 500x_chloe100609.jpg
    500x_chloe100609.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 11
I love oxfords! I've got a studded pair from Topshop, and I just ordered brown ones from Steve Madden. These are so cute paired with dresses.

via stevemadden.com
MELIN_COGNAC-LE_zoom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtletulip413
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->