Saint Laurent Mens F/W 2020.21 : Lenny Kravitz, Rosé & John Waters by David Sims

Could have been shot two seasons ago and we'd be none the wiser.
I don't get the prestige of Saint Laurent's campaigns anymore and I'm a big fan of Sims. All of them look like they could easily be spotted on an H&M storefront.

Perfect match and Oh so perfect person but it needed more in terms of photography. I feel almost sad to admit that but this is something Hedi would have mastered.

Just fabulous. Lenny Kravitz is the perfect Saint Laurent face indeed, and while the shot oddly makes his head look too big, the whole thing has an unmistakable rock star energy that is otherwise missing when they shoot people like Rami Malek.

I really do love him for YSL, sometimes I hate when celebrities, musicians, etc are in campaigns for fashion brands. I love seeing actual professional models in these types of things.. they are the ones who know how to model clothes because it is part of their profession. Yet, sometimes someone like Lenny Kravitz comes along, and although he is not a professional model, he still knows how to work it & looks great in print. So basically what I am saying is, they did not disappoint me with this campaign.

I really do love him for YSL, sometimes I hate when celebrities, musicians, etc are in campaigns for fashion brands. I love seeing actual professional models in these types of things.. they are the ones who know how to model clothes because it is part of their profession. Yet, sometimes someone like Lenny Kravitz comes along, and although he is not a professional model, he still knows how to work it & looks great in print. So basically what I am saying is, they did not disappoint me with this campaign.
I think musicians have something that actors maybe lacks: fashion is an extension of their identity.
Great personal style or not, musicians are « selling themselves » and when they are working with fashion brands that match their style, it just work!

Lenny is great for the brand but this shot is weird. I don’t know if they’re trying to do that distorted look or what but it’s not working. They could‘ve done Lenny in a Juergen shoot rather than this template ysl studio thing.

Obviously a brilliant move from Vaccarello to score a member of Blackpink for an advertising campaign, and I find it refreshing to see someone who is Asian front a Saint Laurent campaign. Rosé looks great, fits right into the Vaccarello's aesthetic and photographs beautifully. A win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->