Saint Laurent Mens F/W 2021.22 : Romeo Beckham, Lakeith Stanfield & Dylan Robert by David Sims

Well, we must admit male models are way behind women in terms of celeb children/nepotism/... So thank you for raising the bar with this campaign, I guess.

The conclusion I’ve come to is that many designers actually feel validated by using children of celebrities for their campaigns, as if it gave them legitimacy in the Hollywood game. I do hope this assumption is wrong tho...

Anyway, I think this is an unfortunate shot of Romeo, they did him quite dirty. Making him unshaved is not going to hide the fact you’re using teens as models...Besides, has this shirt not been in store for 6 years already at this point?

Anthony’s YSL for men is so disappointing considering the potential the brand has.

Last edited:
I thought the teenagers thing was a Hedi thing.....
Why not book Lenny again or even someone like Miguel. Anthony doesn't have any clue with what he is doing with the menswear....They got Travis Scott before. It's telling.

Menswear during Anthony’s tenure is so dismal that this is not surprising to me. I really believe that he really should step out of Hedi’s template, he’s capable of doing something good, like fall 2020 womenswear. Sticking to the template when the template already moved on (even if a regression) is so uninspiring.

Saint Laurent is wasting time by being stagnant when menswear is such a big growth potential. Are they contented with keeping existing SLP customers?

Last edited:
Spice up you campaigns, Anthony.

At this point It's feel like Anthony have to follow this direction in menswear because the suits don't believe he a good menswear designer like Hedi. Anthony have all the freedom in womenswear because that his strength and he have more confident to express his own voice.

The collection is ok-ish to not say boring and repetitive. Romeo Beckham will not save it. Anthony is not a menswear designer so I don't have any expectations.

we will never get rid of them will we?

I like the hairstyle and the fact that it’s hiding his face. not because it’s HIS face, but the way it’s styled feels very SL.
now, could it have been a real model? yes, it could. and it should.

also, that shirt? passé…

The collection is quite boring and commercial, with no true vision, and this campaign reflects that perfectly. A lot of the pieces looks derivative of Hedi Slimane's Autumn Winter 2014 collection (especially the creeper shoes and jackets).

It's such a shame because Vaccarello is so ambitious and creative with the womenswear collections. The menswear on the other hand is so disappointing. Saint Laurent hit 2 billion euros in revenue and all they could do for the winter collection is a look book photographed at the Palais Royal? Seriously?

I don't think they care about the menswear anymore. How can Celine by Hedi Slimane (a much smaller company) have so much more dynamic and impactful shows? They really invest in the menswear category, and that's why it is doing so well.

Controversial Opinion: but they should really hire someone like Kris Van Assche or Lucas Ossendrijver to come and breathe some life into the menswear department and leave Vaccarello to womenswear.

Frederic01,

agree on all points except KVA, I never think he was a good designer, like, not at all. All the unnecessary details that he thinks is stylish and adds for the sakes of adding, but in reality, really just corny and cringeworthy.

As for this campaign with romeo, it does feel a bit dated, although to be honest, if his surname isnt beckham, I probably wouldnt be so unforgiving :magic::magic::magic:

New Campaign Images:

Agree. I can’t even remember the last time there has been a YSL menswear show?

The collection is quite boring and commercial, with no true vision, and this campaign reflects that perfectly. A lot of the pieces looks derivative of Hedi Slimane's Autumn Winter 2014 collection (especially the creeper shoes and jackets).

It's such a shame because Vaccarello is so ambitious and creative with the womenswear collections. The menswear on the other hand is so disappointing. Saint Laurent hit 2 billion euros in revenue and all they could do for the winter collection is a look book photographed at the Palais Royal? Seriously?

I don't think they care about the menswear anymore. How can Celine by Hedi Slimane (a much smaller company) have so much more dynamic and impactful shows? They really invest in the menswear category, and that's why it is doing so well.

Controversial Opinion: but they should really hire someone like Kris Van Assche or Lucas Ossendrijver to come and breathe some life into the menswear department and leave Vaccarello to womenswear.

What's the point of using him and then covering his face with haid? They could have used Justin Bieber and no one would have noticed the difference. They look exactly alike. (especially the shamesly mustache)

Reactions: KoV
That Lakeith shot... it makes me want to wear this. Very effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->