Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 10.11 Milan

Strange. It seems like that McQueen Himalaya collection done with Dries' Moroccan show fabrics and some Etro. The only thing I care for (minus the epaulettes) is the coat shown in 19 + 22. Preferably in blue with red lapels.

whoa

it's such a change in mood for Ferragamo. did they switch the men's line designer too?

i don't hate it (altho i like to pretend that the first 4 looks don't exist), but most of it looks straight out of Wuthering Heights. and that's the North UK countryside. not very italian if you ask me....

doesn't hold a candle to what Ferragamo served up until now.

It looks very Sherlock Holmes...like this last F/W McQueen Men's collection, don't you think? The big scarves are really distracting, but I do like some of the pieces. The green coat on Mathias, the blue knit coat on Jeremy and the last four printed blazers, in particular the one with the paisley type print.

I like it! Dark change from the usual Ferragamo we know, but he made it work.

the first photo looks like a girl's outfit. not sure if that's a good thing. some outfits are quite good.

Thats quite a new direction for Ferragamo, i dont hate but still what happened ?

Yeah, very different from the usual Ferragamo. I'm not sure if I like the change. I used to love it. Now there is just a piece or two I actually really like, like that huge white scarf on Paul.

now this, i love. times are tough and it takes guts -- not only on behalf of the designer, massimiliano giornetti, but on behalf of the house for which he designs -- to take a risk this big with a house as storied and established as ferragamo. now, this puts this house on the fashion map. it's not just lemon yellow separates and gancino logoed stuff, this actually has something to say and a direction to push. while he didn't hit a homerun with every look here, he certainly managed to create true fashion excitement where none formerly existed.

sure, we'll all probably just end up re-buying updated versions of the belts, shoes, and suits anyway, but with this show, he's given something for us to dream. and hey, as long as it doesn't take away from their sales elsewhere, this can only add to their bottom line.

i gotta disagree with you MikeiJames

they had pretty good collections up until now. S/S 09 was, for me, a total show stopper. awesome cuts, fantastic use of colors, degradé, intricate beading on kummerbunds, bags, the works.

this is just... a whole lot darker than what we're used to seeing from Ferragamo.

i falled in love! boots, coats and hats look great...

Wwd

From WWD.com:

" The sumptuous shearling coat that opened the show set the tone for a parade of luxurious outerwear, from cozy mohair numbers to double-faced evening coats in cashmere. Then came handmade cable knit sweaters with poncho-like volumes worn with slim trousers tucked into sturdy riding boots.Voluminous scarves with thick fringe braided like horsetails were slung over shoulders like blankets. While Giornetti will be making his women’s wear debut for the house next month, as far as men’s wear is concerned, he’s hit his stride."
Image1.gif

The Queen of fashion said

this is what Suzy Menkes is saying.

The swoosh of a longer coat took a rough and romantic perspective at Salvatore Ferragamo, where the pounding of hooves on the soundtrack, the spicy colors, felt hats and blanket-size throws suggested Argentina’s open territory.
This winter collection by the designer Massimiliano Giornetti was less fancy Italian than in previous seasons and the clothes seemed well-judged and classy, with a variety of coats perfectly proportioned to stop just over the knee. Only a blanket-patterned duffel coat, the dramatic wool scarves and some models with ultralong hair pushed the Argentine theme. And Mr. Giornetti made a splendid statement with the footwear that is the soul of the Ferragamo brand. His high boots, soft in squishy leather or in suede with a leather toe, were spot-on for the new season.

i gotta disagree with you MikeiJames

they had pretty good collections up until now. S/S 09 was, for me, a total show stopper. awesome cuts, fantastic use of colors, degradé, intricate beading on kummerbunds, bags, the works.

this is just... a whole lot darker than what we're used to seeing from Ferragamo.

let's be clear: ferragamo has never slipped for a second on cut and on quality. i cannot recall in all of my following of ferragamo over the years having a show that had this much attitude and this much narrative -- dark as it may be. yes, we had the beginnings of it -- a great bulky cardigan worn bare-chested a year ago, a beautiful scarf thrown over a spring suit with verve -- but we've never seen it executed from head to toe like this. this show has done what we've come to expect from even the boring show from gucci or prada etc: it's given us something to talk about. it's given us a total look that's out there, but forces us to re-think the everyday.

let's be clear: ferragamo has never slipped for a second on cut and on quality. i cannot recall in all of my following of ferragamo over the years having a show that had this much attitude and this much narrative -- dark as it may be. yes, we had the beginnings of it -- a great bulky cardigan worn bare-chested a year ago, a beautiful scarf thrown over a spring suit with verve -- but we've never seen it executed from head to toe like this. this show has done what we've come to expect from even the boring show from gucci or prada etc: it's given us something to talk about. it's given us a total look that's out there, but forces us to re-think the everyday.
Bravo!!!!! :heart:

Not the Ferragamo I was expecting, but still good. I love how he used the colors and the huge scarfs... :heart:

here u can see all HQ :smile:
sorry but I don't have time to post all images :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->