Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 12.13 Milan

I'm always surprised by how well gypsy romance and stern militarism seem to play off of each other. Who knows why, but they work well.

As for this collection, it all looks beautiful. I'm definitely leaning more towards the militant end of things out of preference, but it's all very pretty. Still, I kind of feel like this would have been an amazing pre-collection, rather than the main runway collection. It doesn't feel like enough.

And btw, this looks nothing like a Pucci collection, unless Pucci suddenly holds the patent on the peasant blouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
And btw, this looks nothing like a Pucci collection, unless Pucci suddenly holds the patent on the peasant blouse.

Thank you! I was thinking the exact same thing. Just because they may have used the same reference, does not make this anything like the Pucci SS 2012

I can't take anymore of these heavy lace dresses that are all over Milan. It's like enough already.

so many designers this season are inspired by Tom Ford for YSL..Love the collection though especially the military pieces

Haha I thought I was the only way who noticed. This collection definitely riffs off of the vibes of YSL River Gauche F/W 2001, with all of the gypsy vibes!

But...I bloody love this collection regardless! Massimiliano Giornetti is one of the only designers who gets me excited nowadays. This collection is certainly austere, but it also manages to incorperate luxury and a Mediterranean sex appeal to the table. I need more time to take all the details in but I do love the purple looks in particular. The only fault I can find is that there wasn't as much colour as S/S, but I guess you have to expect that for heavier and more sombre clothes.

So so beautiful. Not a single thing that doesn't look absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Such beautiful contrasts between strict military references and delicate and loose gypsy concepts.

Oh my lord, GORGEOUS! The coats and jackets make me hhhrrrgggnnnhhh...and the pretty lace makes me sigh.

Very sophisticated, it's getting better and better.

The opening coat is so beautiful. Love the military thing going on here, very well done.

some really beautiful coats in this collection... especially those with the sharp lapels and leather accents.

much more drawn to that military-esque vibe in this collection, i think it's done better than the gypsy chic portion.

Accessories! (vogue.it)

ferragamo-d_016.jpg
ferragamo-d_021.jpg

ferragamo-d_023.jpg
ferragamo-d_037.jpg

ferragamo-d_048.jpg
ferragamo-d_050.jpg

ferragamo-d_060.jpg
ferragamo-d_070.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads