Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 2020.21 Milan

I've always found one of Paul Andrews' strengths at Ferragamo to be his subtle sense of color, the shades and hues and their combinations even more important than the shapes.
When I watched the show this morning, I felt disappointed at how muted the color palette was, the collection leaving me with an aftertaste of dullness. There's no strong message here, coming neither from the clothes or the accessories.

There was something undeniably sexy about Paul Andrews footwear...I thought that was his aesthetic and I’m kinda surprised to see how underwhelming his Ferragamo is. The colors are good and the first skirt is fabulous in it Prada way but as a whole I’m confused....

They should have hired Gabriele Colangelo for that...really!

The majority will likely balk/frown upon such a collection as everything from conservative to unexciting. And as a show, it absolutely is. Just that the pieces takes on a different life once in the shops since it’s there that you can touch/feel the quiet luxury and admire the unshakeable craftsmanship and thoughtful construction that flatters the human form, so that in 3 years when you see a pic of yourself in something from Ferragamo’s A/W 2020 collection, you still look beautiful and not like the fashion victim of that year. And his generous offering of perfectly tailored raw denim in the perfect shade of indigo for both men/women is my greatest weakness.

The fit on some of these pieces is just horrible!

I like the vast majority of looks here, and I'm especially fond of that beige knitted jumper dress with the leaves - the colours and texture are both stunning. And I'm also drawn to the pinstriped look straight after! The two coats with the high collars are stunning too. A thumbs up from me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moshmosh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->