Sam Claflin

"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" Munich Press Conference
Date: 16 May 2011

"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" Munich Premiere
Date: 16 May 2011

samclaflin

Last edited by a moderator:
more:
French actress Astrid-Berges Frisbey at the German premiere of 'Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' at the Mathaeser Filmpalast on May 16, 2011 in Munich, Germany.

samclaflin

"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" Madrid Photocall
Date: 18 May 2011

samclaflin

"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" Madrid Premiere
Date: 18 May 2011

samclaflin

more:

samclaflin

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Geor for your contributions... such a lovely thread! I really hope Sam goes on to become a prominent actor and that his career skyrockets.:flower:

u re welcome guys.
Sam seems to have a new movie with Kristen Stewart
But I want to know he will not appear in next Pirates of the Caribbean

Celuloide Digital: May 2011

LA Times: March 2011

samclaflin.com

Evening Standard: 6 May 2011

samclaflin.com

Where is his cute at? I don't see it.
Is he hotter in motion?

He does look good in a suit though.

I can definitively say he's very handsome in person, much better than he looks in photos.

This guy :blush: I am happy to see that style wise he is trying stuff and not just wearing the typical black tie stuff ^_^

Burberry FW2011 by Mario Testino
Models:Amber Anderson, Jake Cooper, Johnny George, Thomas Penfound, Jake Cooper, actor Sam Clafin, Johnny Green, Cara Delevingne , Molly Smith, actress Felicity Jones, Matthew Whitehouse and Jourdan Dunn.

samclaflin.com

MH Interview: Sam Claflin

Eighteen months ago, 25-year-old English actor Sam Claflin was a struggling artist who, in his own words, was eating baked beans on toast for most of his meals. Then, he had just graduated from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts (Lamda), and was eagerly looking to land his first acting gig.

Fast forward 1.5 years later, Claflin’s luck has certainly taken a turn that’s as dramatic as any of his roles. He not only landed a major part in the hit UK television series Any Human Heart – acting alongside accomplished actors such as Jim Broadbent, Kim Cattrall and Gillian Anderson – he also starred in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides with Hollywood A-listers Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz and Geoffrey Rush.

Despite suddenly landing in the Tinseltown spotlight, Claflin – whose first brush with popularity was during the time he was playing for the Norwich City and England football youth teams – plans to keep his feet firmly on the ground. He says during an interview with Men’s Health: “It’s easy to get caught up in the fame. But Johnny Depp gave me this great piece of advice: If you remain true to yourself and stay grounded, you’d be well respected by everyone around you.” It’s indeed hard to turn a deaf ear to such good counsel from one of Hollywood’s leading men.

Men's Health: Which is more important - Being lucky or having talent?
Sam Claflin: I think it ultimately comes down to luck. But, at the same time, you have to put yourself in a situation to be at the right place and at the right time. So you need a bit of hope, a bit of luck and a lot of hard work to help you go a long way in this business.

How do you deal with the sudden fame?
Sam Claflin: I keep in touch with what’s real. A lot my friends who were with me at Lamda have not been as fortunate as me. But, nonetheless, I’ve stayed very good friends with them and always go to them for advice on anything. I also spend a lot of time with my family. I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself.

Why are so many English actors landing leading Hollywood roles?
Sam Claflin: It could be due to the way we are trained as actors. In England, when we’re at drama school, we spend a lot of time learning the craft from playwrights and stage actors, who are very well trained in the basics of acting because they need to get it right the first time – you can’t have second or third takes when you’re in front of a live audience, unlike in film.

Was it tough to give up football?
Sam Claflin: After I broke my ankle when I was 16, football started to fade from my life. However, at around the same time, I started acting (in school productions) and my interest in drama grew. Soon, I realised that acting became a replacement for football. I used to spend a lot of time at football training, but that time was later spent in amateur acting classes and my local youth theatre, in plays at school and after-school clubs. That filled the void.

Were you fearful that your acting career could have flopped?
Sam Claflin: Yes, I think everyone would be (at such points in their lives). Going through the ranks and all the training you do as an actor, you hope you’re going to make it. But there’s a part of you that’s got to be realistic and say: “Look, it might not happen to me.” So,
I had a back-up plan to become a PE or drama teacher. I haven’t had to resort to that yet, but who knows what might happen in the future?

What's been the biggest challenge of your career?
Sam Claflin: I have to prove myself in a lot of ways – as an actor, as a person, as someone who can handle pressure. At the beginning of the Pirates project, I was very nervous about it. I’m better now that it’s over. But in the long-term, I hope my confidence will continue to grow, as would my acting career.

What impression did Johnny Depp leave on you?
Sam Claflin: He walks the talk. He told me to stay grounded and true to myself, and I witnessed those attributes in him while we were on the set together. He took the time to be with his wife and kids, who were there for a few days, and even with a few close friends who popped by every once in a while. He was very welcoming, and made me feel confident in my acting abilities. It’s good to see that this guy truly believes in the advice he gives.
samclaflin.jpg

menshealth.com.sg

Sam's advice for up-and-coming actors

1. Don't be afraid to learn
Sam Claflin: Do this as much as you can from your peers, more experienced actors and even the director. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and always listen to good advice from the veterans.

2. Be Thick-skinned
Sam Claflin: Get yourself into every audition that you can. Even in those for smaller roles, you’ll never know when someone may recommend you for a bigger one.

3. Persevere at all costs
Sam Claflin: There will be times when you just can’t seem to land an acting job, and you feel like giving up. Don’t! The only way to realise that dream is to keep working hard for it.
menshealth.com.sg

Snow White and the Huntsman panel @ Comic Con

fEb2l.jpg

kstewartfans/ew

as SWATH´s Prince :smile:

snowwhiteandthehuntsmanmovie.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel