Sass & Bide 'vie' S/S 08 Sydney

adorefaith

i'm almost ready..
Reaction score
for anyone interested...the sass & bide 'vie' show was last night...

sassbide0011_slideshowMain.jpg
sassbide0041_slideshowMain.jpg

sassbide0051_slideshowMain.jpg
sassbide0061_slideshowMain.jpg

sassbide0071_slideshowMain.jpg
sassbide0081_slideshowMain.jpg

vogue.com.au

last looks

sassbide0271_slideshowMain.jpg
sassbide0281_slideshowMain.jpg

sassbide0291_slideshowMain.jpg
sassbide0301_slideshowMain.jpg

looks like a pretty bad collection to me...but somehow some cute tops and dresses always end up in the stores, so i'm sure this collection will be no different

Thanks adorefaith, i don't usually like what they put on the runway too much but i really like their individual pieces in the stores. I wouldn't mind a pair of the black leather? leggings

pretty much like everything else show at rafw....they should have just played the song boring

Thanks adorefaith, i don't usually like what they put on the runway too much but i really like their individual pieces in the stores. I wouldn't mind a pair of the black leather? leggings

I am in :heart: with those too :smile: I wonder when they'll be hitting stores? Does anyone have a clue? I've checked the official Sass & Bide online store and they aren't on there yet. So I'm guessing it wont be anytime soon...

is vie the name of this specific collection? its theme

^no, sorry, it is their new line called 'sass & bide vie' or perhaps it is 'S&B vie', not 100% sure

Thanks for the pictures adorefaith. I really like most of this. Do you think its cheaper than Sass & Bide or around the same?

^ it is designed for a younger customer so it will be more affordable :flower:

BLACK rats on the runway at Australian Fashion Week? It sounds like the same stunt by the Ksubi label which sent hundreds of rats down the catwalk in 2001, but last night the rodents were in fact new designs in denim by Sass & Bide which unveiled its Black Rats jeans at AFW in Sydney.

Returning to AFW after a five-year hiatus, Heidi Middleton and Sarah-Jane Clarke presented the jeans as part of their new diffusion line, s&b vie, to an audience of 600 including models Miranda Kerr and Alice Burdeau, actors Sybilla Budd and Emily Barclay and designers Kit Willow Podgornik and Camilla Freeman-Topper.

Clarke said she wanted the collection, named Rainbows for Kate in memory of a friend who lost her battle with cancer, “to celebrate life and colour, hence the rainbow theme, instead of being sombre”.

The range was as eclectic as it was colourful, incorporating tie-dye, sequins and leopard print, in jumpsuits, floor length coats, capes and Sass & Bide's signature party dresses beloved by the young and famous.

Sass & Bide made its name with the East Village jeans in 2000, which featured a pelvic bone skimming two inch zip and became an international best-seller after they were adopted by the likes of Kate Moss and Mischa Barton.

Barton has hardly taken off her new Black Rat jeans since she arrived in Sydney last week, making the new ruched stretch metallic black style a likely hit around the world.

The collection's price point is also in its favour. Beginning at $69 for a t-shirt and capping at $300 for a dress, s&b vie is designed to appeal to women who desire but cannot afford the main Sass & Bide label, which the pair showed at New York Fashion Week in February.

“S&B Vie is targeted to the Australian audience and consumer, so it made sense for us to show the collection in this market at AFW,” Clarke said.

Amid continuing media attention on models' waistlines - or lack there of - smaller designers showing in yesterday's fourth ready-to-wear group show of the week used obligatory stick thin models to flaunt their wares. Among those appearing in the less costly group format were the labels Injury, Leopold, Rufus Green, Stitch Ministry and Xenheist.

Also yesterday Camilla Franks presented a bum-numbing show of 70 designs with her Sirocco collection of predominantly caftans, along with some jumpsuits and maxidresses, inspired by exotic holiday destinations such as Monaco and Morocco.

Franks sent girls along the front row offering sprays of the Elizabeth Arden fragrance Mediterranean Breeze, which was also in the goody bags, after signing a deal with the fragrance giant.

Annalise Braakensiek, Charlotte Dawson, a very pregnant Jane Flemming and Zoe Naylor were among the “celebrities” Franks wrested from their traditional front row seats to model her designs on the catwalk.

After a conceptual day at AFW on Tuesday, yesterday was a more commercial affair, with labels such as Manning Cartell and Cohen et Sabine showing ranges that, despite a lack of design innovation, will certainly get the cash registers ringing.
so those "black leggings" are actually black stretch jeans :wink:

sass3_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass7_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_c_1_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass1_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_c_2_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass10_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass4_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_c_3_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass13_gallery__600x400.jpg

smh

so much of it actually looks so much better in these pics...

sandb4.jpg

sass_bide3_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide5_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide13_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide6_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide7_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide8_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide17_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide2_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide20_gallery__600x400.jpg

sass_bide1_gallery__600x400.jpg

sb_cornrows_gallery__600x400.jpg

smh

i really love that long silver cuff...or series of cuffs :heart:
and for some reason i could see agyness deyn looking really good in this collection :lol:

^ it is designed for a younger customer so it will be more affordable :flower:

so those "black leggings" are actually black stretch jeans :wink:

Eek! (mouse noise not an intended pun) I will be making a purchase as soon as they hit stores! Thanks adorefaith :flower:

the pics in #14 are the main line though, right? not the 'vie'.

Yeah i think so Bianca, its definitely different hair.

I really want a pair of those black rat jeans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->