Scandinavian Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suvi Koponen isnt scandinavian model, because Finalnd really isnt part of scandinavia.
I disagree. Finland definitely belongs to Scandinavia geographically. I think your conception is because of the different ethnological origin and the different origin of the language.

Scandinavia = Sweden, Norway, Denmark

Nordic countries = Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland

But the terms are used rather loosely indeed...

Renee Simonsen (Denmark) is one of my favourite models ever:
http://www.leifnygaard.dk/galleri12/oversigt.htm
Renee1.jpg

OT... but I live in Finland and they always taught us at school that Finland isn't part of Scandinavia.

Scandinavia as it is, is Norway, Sweden & Denmark (the Scandinavian peninsula). If we want to include Finland, then the whole thing is called Fennoscandia and that includes also the Kola peninsula and Viena Karelia (which are part of Russia).

Sweden has some great male models as well: my personal fave Marcus Hedbrandh, and Emil Larsson. Denmark has Mathias Lauridsen of course.

OT... but I live in Finland and they always taught us at school that Finland isn't part of Scandinavia.

Scandinavia as it is, is Norway, Sweden & Denmark (the Scandinavian peninsula). If we want to include Finland, then the whole thing is called Fennoscandia and that includes also the Kola peninsula and Viena Karelia (which are part of Russia).

Exactly, I actually learned this^just couple months ago at school:rolleyes:

Danish

Agnete Hegelund
2a74ef6b.jpg

Lasse Pedersen
692a6650.jpg

Pernille Møller
24ceb4cf.jpg

Swedish

Dorothea Barth Jörgensen
828476cc.jpg

Hanna Rundlof
b91e7cae.jpg

Julia Hafström
5e625f47.jpg

Sara Blomqvist
624fd63d.jpg

Frida Gustavsson
dcd7f247.jpg

Norwegian

Lea Grøsland
6a917440.jpg

Polina Barbasova
36acebc7.jpg

nymag.com and fmd1.com

Amanda Norgaard (Danish)
00550m.jpg
00320m.jpg
00220m.jpg
01200m.jpg

Jenny Sinkaberg (Norwegian)
00180m.jpg
00230m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
you forgot the Norwegian Model to end all Norwegian models.:judge: :lol:
Iselin Steiro
Iselin_Steiro_633508p.jpg

biip mag

Frida Gustavsson is going to be the most popular Scandic model! I am in looove with her :heart:

Just wanted to say that even though Polina used to live in Norway, she isn't really Norwegian (I think she is from Lithuania, maybe?) :smile:

Just wanted to say that even though Polina used to live in Norway, she isn't really Norwegian (I think she is from Lithuania, maybe?) :smile:
Her parents are Russian, she was born in Estonia and grew up in Norway. She has Norwegian citizenship so she counts as a Norwegian.

Oh really, I didnt know about that^ !
I've been seeing so many Danish new faces around lately, Amalie Reedtz is looking so promising!! Also in male model front, the Swedish Mathias Bergh is making name of himself :smile:

Her parents are Russian, she was born in Estonia and grew up in Norway. She has Norwegian citizenship so she counts as a Norwegian.
Yeah, I was talking about her origins, not her citizenship. She hasn't got that typical Scandinavian look. That was all I meant.

I love almost all Swedish girls, especially Elsa and Sara, also Iselin Steiro, Amanda Norgaard and Jenny Sinkaberg.

My current model crush :heart:
Maria Chloe Memisevic, Swedish

nischmanagement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizbtch
Back