Scarlett no prude

Duleeshab

wiser now
Reaction score
Scarlett no prude

From correspondents in New York
July 13, 2005

0,10114,5026487,00.jpg

SOME Hollywood actresses are cautious about revealing too much skin but Scarlett Johansson had to be persuaded to keep her underwear on, according to her director in The Island, Michael Bay.

Speaking before the New York premiere of the thriller, which stars Johansson, 20, and Ewan McGregor as human clones on the run, Bay said he was prepared for the usual actress nerves when it came to shooting a love scene between the two leads. "We're ready to go and of course the actress is not there," he said.

He said he was summoned to Johansson's trailer, expecting to have to reassure the Lost in Translation star that her privacy and dignity would be protected.

"She's standing there and she says, 'I'm not wearing this cheap ... bra. I'm going naked,"' Bay said.

"I said, 'It's PG-13, you have to wear the bra,"' he said.

Armageddon and The Rock director Bay describes The Island as a summer "popcorn movie", though the plot raises important ethical issues about science and the morality of cloning. The film is a change of direction for Johansson, who has played a string of critically acclaimed roles in films such as Girl With a Pearl Earring and In Good Company.

news.com.au

That's it Scarlett... Get your funbags out! :woot:

Brazilian Girl said:
I don't like her at all :yuk:
I don't either. I've liked a few of her movies (Lost in the Translation and The Girl in the Pearl Earing) but she's never impressed me much, and I don't think she's that pretty.
I may see the Island, but I'm not sure yet. I'll wait for some reviews.
I see no reason for her to want to do the scene completely nude. I'm not opposed to nudity or anything, but it doesn't sound like it's important for her character to be completely naked. Did she just object to the fact that the bra was cheap?

If the bra they gave her was too cheap, why didn't she just wear her own bra? If it's hers I doubt it's cheap.

^ Eh, I don't think that's even really the issue.

she has the greatest figure, so why not show them? before it all goes downhill :D plus, maybe she's trying to seduce ewan?!:yuk:

if i had those knockers, ud have to pay me to keep my top ON!
although i do wonder whats cheap for her?? An IPEX Victoria Secret bra? Cuz if it is, I almost had a heartattack when I found out it was 50 bucks! ::sighs:: cheapness!! :wink:

I read an article about her in elle or bazaar.. one of those.. and she came across as SO SMUG and conceited. She's gorgeous, yes, but I dont think she's as great as she apparently thinks she is.

hmm, I read michael bay said she wanted to go topless but that he said no it was pg13, nothing about the bra or any quotes - dont know what to believe.

Movieblog says people wrote in saying there was no topless scene, much to their dismay :lol:

hotpinky said:
I read an article about her in elle or bazaar.. one of those.. and she came across as SO SMUG and conceited. She's gorgeous, yes, but I dont think she's as great as she apparently thinks she is.
If it was Elle I personnaly wouldn't put much credence in it- for some reason young actresses often tend to come off snobby, concieted, or obnoxious in their articles, and then seem perfectly fine elsewhere. Just an observation I've had about that particular mag generally...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->