Searching For An Image

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
I've been searching theinternet since I got home from class today.. and I cannot find a picture of Elsa Schiaparelli's Lobster dress...

No no no, not the white dress with the lobster print on it (That Dali helped design.. or it was inspired by him or something)..

It's a red dress.. and it's actually shaped like the body of a lobster... minus the claws. :wink:

Anyone help me out ? Anyone even know what the hell I'm talking about? :wacko: :unsure:

I've only ever heard of and seen the one she did in collaboration with Dalí... I didn't know she made another that looked like what you described! :o

Where did you hear about this?

Originally posted by brian@Apr 26th, 2004 - 11:47 pm
I've only ever heard of and seen the one she did in collaboration with Dalí... I didn't know she made another that looked like what you described! :o

Where did you hear about this?
I'm taking a class called "Role of Fabric In fashion"... Our teacher showed us a slide of it... and we went to the FIT library and we saw a mock-up of it.. but I cannot find ANY images on the web.

It resembles the dress in the picture i attached.. only in red.. and there is more ruching and ruffling going down the center front of the dress.. to look like a lobster. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the dress you don't want right? hehe...woops.
100121544.jpg

"Fashion victim? Lobster evening dress, in collaboration with Salvador Dalí, 1937"

Yea... That's the dress I can find everywhere... but not the other one :(

This isn't the dress, but I found it amusing :lol:

barone10-3-19.jpg

Karen Karuza's "Lobster Hat," a tribute to Schiaparelli, at the opening-night gala for "Shocking: The Art and Fashion of Elsa Schiaparelli" at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Sept. 25, 2003.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Apr 27th, 2004 - 7:24 pm
I ahev seen thi sdress , its AMAZING! :heart:
It is it is.. It's really great.

Brian.. I found that image too.. Made me laugh like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"