Selling old magazines on ebay

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice from you all. I have tons of magazines (Elle, Vogue, Bazaar, Teen Vogue, In Style from 06, 07, and 08) and I'm wondering if they are worth selling on ebay? Or should I just throw them away or give them away? For example, I have every single US Elle issue from 2006 (in near perfect condition)....would this be worth anything if I put it up on ebay? And also, should I sell them individually or all 12 together?

Feel free to let me know what you think:flower:

Selling them on ebay will take organisation and commitment, so I would say, going down that avenue depends on how much time you have to spare to sort it all out. I always have the best of intentions of selling all sorts of stuff on ebay, but then find that life gets in the way, and I never get round to it.

And the question of whether what you're selling is worth anything - a bit of background research on ebay itself will bring the answer, no matter what the object is. And the results can be surprising. Sometimes what you consider as insignificant goes for a good price, and the things you think people are interested in, they aren't. But that's the fun of retail.

At the end of the day, if I'm throwing away my spare magazines/newspapers etc, I always make sure I recycle the paper, so that it doesn't go to waste.

I say bundle them by year and sell them together. Recent magazines, especially ones from the US that are so heavily distributed won't generally fetch much money. I second tigerrouge's suggestion to research ebay, in case you find that a particular issue is selling good as opposed to the others.

I think a better idea is to sell them through craigslist.org as a lot (this depends if you live near a big city, however). There's always ads on the "wanted" section with people looking for fashion magazines, even recent ones.

There is also the TFS Members Exchange Magazines Thread :flower: Perhaps someone has a magazine that you want and vice versa and you guys can trade. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->