Serge Leblon - Photographer

He shot the Bergdorf Goodman Spring 2006 catalogue. Some of his better work in my opinion :heart: Vlada looks fantastic too :D
The rest of the shots can be found here:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/1705553-post3216.html and
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/1705553-post3216.html
bergdorfgoodmansergeleblon076n.jpg

bergdorfgoodmansergeleblon158h.jpg
bergdorfgoodmansergeleblon128i.jpg

[claudia-trucco and birdproduction]

very nice.. i like the bergdorf photos... helps to incorporate more fashion into his photos...

I quite like this editorial. [From bird-production.]

Last edited by a moderator:
The last ones. [from the same source.]

^it's nice, a little less romantic than his other work...

charlotte gainsbourg:heart:
bird production

Attachments

• SL_10431.jpg
    SL_10431.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 13
  • SL_10430.jpg
    SL_10430.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 11
  • SL_10428.jpg
    SL_10428.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SL_10420.jpg
    SL_10420.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
for purple fashion from bird production

Attachments

• SL_10458.jpg
    SL_10458.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 22
  • SL_10456.jpg
    SL_10456.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 19
  • SL_10464.jpg
    SL_10464.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 26
  • SL_10463.jpg
    SL_10463.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 21
  • SL_10457.jpg
    SL_10457.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 17
  • SL_10462.jpg
    SL_10462.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SL_10465.jpg
    SL_10465.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 11
I was jsut about to start a thread, but though i'd search, and voila Serge Leblon. Serge's work has a very 80's feel that can be attributed to alot of the recent Nu Rave trends, notably through the use of the spotlights, geometric shapes and neon colours. The style of his photos gives off a very cinematic feel, partly due to the angles and the way his subject is placed within the frame, often times off side to the background. The images feel more as a moment in time rather than a "picture".

thanks for the new pics ybf :flower:

i like the editorial for 10, but i find the 4th picture in it to be a bit awkward :ermm:
the other thing that throws me off in that ed is the styling in terms of using ballet slippers for a man--that's just not something i feel that i can personally get behind style-wise :doh:

I very much like the Vogue Russia editorial in post #31 though...
the haziness of the photos as well as the versatility in framing and focus are intriguing :heart:

Showstudio.

leblon.jpg

Serge Leblon

Photographer

Born in 1964, the Belgian photographer Serge Leblon originally studied cinematography at the INSAS in Brussels. From there, he began a career in photo-reportage, principally working in the Middle East and covering the war in Lebanon. Growing tired of being a reporter, Leblon started a project on 'formalisation and incommunicability' and a subsequent editorial project for The Face led to further work in fashion. He has since published work in publications including Dazed & Confused, Big, Jalouse, i-D, Self Service, Doing Bird and Purple. He has also conducted advertising campaigns for brands including Tsumori Chisato and Cacharel. In addition, Leblon has featured in exhibitions held in New York, Brussels and Tokyo. He published his first monograph in 2000, 'Serge Leblon', published by Base.

Charlotte Gainsbourg

B00001040.jpg

B00001041.jpg

B00001042.jpg

B00001043.jpg

claudia trucco

ESCAPE INTO ROMANCE
Another Magazine Summer 07
Styling by Camille Bidault-Waddington
Models: Daiane C. David G.

all scans provided by Deeth.

daiane1lj7.jpg

I'm loving the 'flare' effect in his images. It gives them such a delicious edge. :wub:

Magazine: Vogue China, April 2007
Title: New Hippie
Styling: Jamie Surman
Model: Mackenzie Hamilton
Source: scanned by Gold Star

for those in Paris... Serge Leblon is currently having an exhibition at La Bank
http://www.bankgalerie.com/
http://www.bankgalerie.com/content/pop/VANISHINGLEBLON/PAGEDEGARDESL.php

here is Le Monde paper about this exhibit' :

Les flous rêveurs de Serge Leblon

LE MONDE | 21.09.07 | 19h17 • Mis à jour le 21.09.07 | 19h17

Le Belge Serge Leblon a fait carrière dans la mode. De cet univers, il a gardé un goût pour les couleurs vives et les détails vestimentaires. Et peut-être aussi cette fascination étrange autant qu'entêtée pour les chevelures féminines, leurs textures et leurs infinis dégradés de blonds, bruns, roux.
Galerie B.A.N.K., à Paris, le photographe expose une série aux accents tout baudelairiens : des portraits où la personne, prise de dos, s'efface derrière la masse ondulante de ses cheveux. Mais il serait illusoire d'y voir un substitut au visage : ce rideau séduisant lui-même se dérobe, par un jeu de flou qui maintient à distance le spectateur.
Sans manipulation informatique, juste en jouant sur la mise au point lors de la prise de vue, le photographe plonge toute ses images, portraits, scènes de rue ou paysages, dans un flou épais qui leur confère une tonalité insaisissable et irréelle. L'oeil peine, cherche en vain où se fixer.
Alors que le personnage central se perd dans un brouillard rêveur, c'est plutôt un détail ou un fond a priori sans intérêt qui reste net : la main d'une jeune fille serrée sur un document ou bien le mur pouilleux et pelé devant lequel passe une femme distinguée - mais floue. Les couleurs chaudes, les motifs vagues, font presque ressembler ces photos à des Polaroid... comme si l'on avait affaire ici à des souvenirs forts et lumineux, mais distordus par le temps et la nostalgie.
Serge Leblon donne à voir quelques séduisants portraits de célébrités - les actrices Charlotte Gainsbourg et Isabelle Huppert sont moins des icônes glamour que des âmes mélancoliques, les cheveux au vent, perdues dans le songe d'un autre.
Mais ce sont surtout ses paysages qui sont remarquables. Ils sont sans titre, et parfois difficiles à situer géographiquement. Comme cette route bordée d'une infranchissable barrière de thuyas qui s'enfonce dans le flou et le lointain. La scène, qu'on dirait sortie d'un film, a les pieds dans la réalité et s'échappe pourtant dans la fiction.

"The Vanishing", de Serge Leblon. La B.A.N.K. 42, rue Volta, Paris-3e. Mo Arts-et-métiers. Tél. : 01-42-72-06-90. Jusqu'au 20 octobre. Du lundi au samedi de 11 heures à 19 heures.
www.bankgalerie.com

Claire Guillot
Article paru dans l'édition du 22.09.07

BabelFish translation
The blurs dreamers of Serge Leblon
THE WORLD | 21.09.07 | Updated • 19h17 21.09.07 | 19h17

l.gif
E Belgian Serge Leblon made career in the fashion. Of this universe, it kept a taste for the vestimentary colors sharp and details. And perhaps also this strange fascination as much as entêtée for female chevelures, their textures and their infinite fair ranges, brown the, russet-red one.Gallery B.A.N.K., in Paris, the photographer exposes a series to the accents all baudelairiens: portraits where the person, catch of back, are erased behind the undulating mass of her hair. But it would be illusory to see a substitute with the face there: this curtain alluring itself is concealed, by a play of blur which maintains remote the spectator.
Without data-processing handling, just while exploiting the development at the time of the catch of sight, the photographer plunges all his images, portraits, scenes of street or landscapes, in a thick blur which confers an imperceptible and unreal tonality to them. The eye pains, seeks in vain where to fix itself.
Whereas the central character loses himself in a fog dreamer, it is rather a detail or a bottom a priori without interest which remains Net: the hand of a girl tightened on a document or the cankered and peeled wall in front of which passes a woman distinguished - but fuzzy. The hot colors, the vague reasons, almost make resemble these photographs Polaroid... as if one dealt with strong and luminous memories here, but distorted by time and nostalgia.
Serge Leblon gives to see some tempting portraits of celebrities - the actresses Charlotte Gainsbourg and Isabelle Huppert are less icons glamour than hearts melancholic persons, the hair with the wind, lost in the dream of another.
But these are especially the landscapes which are remarkable. They are without title, and sometimes difficult to locate geographically. As this road bordered of an insuperable barrier of thujas which is inserted in the blur and the distance. The scene, which one would say left a film, has the feet in reality and however escapes in the fiction.

Serge Leblon and Gabrielle Greiss for L'Express Styles
with Anouck Lepère and Ilona

For this shooting, Gabrielle tried to recreate Sonia Rykiel's world and look/attitude with some Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, YSL ...

sergeleblonexpressstyleye4.jpg

sergeleblonexpressstylein4.jpg

sergeleblonexpressstylejb1.jpg

sergeleblonexpressstyleic3.jpg

sergeleblonexpressstyletz2.jpg

sergeleblonexpressstylezb8.jpg

sergeleblonexpressstylehr0.jpg

sergeleblonexpressstylepq7.jpg

lexpress.fr

see the behind the lens video :
http://www.lexpress.fr/mag/diaporama.asp?id=466012 (click on Entretien Vidéo)

Hmm, pretty reminiscent of Sarah Moon. ^_^

Another Magazine SS08 Pt 1
Styling: Cathy Edwards
Model: Natasa Vojnovic
Source: scanned by Ed...

Another Magazine SS08 Pt 2
Styling: Cathy Edwards
Model: Natasa Vojnovic
Source: scanned by Ed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"