Sergio Hudson S/S 2023 New York

I mean…
This kind of an interesting progression…
From early 90’s Chanel mixed with 90’s Alaia , 90’s Versace And 90’s Escada to late 00’s Herve Leger to current Jeremy Scott for Moschino to Fashionova…
That’s a lot to digest in one collection.

He still dresses the fantasy of Fran Drescher…

There’s a lack of modernity in the proposition and in the cut.

If people could be revived by making them laugh their as* off, Karl Lagerfeld and Gianni Versace could be brought back this very instant. That’s the only reaction you could have at this tragic attempt to copy 90s Chanel and Versace on a ten-cent fabric budget.

It's sort of pathetic to be honest. People get mad at Collina Strada's collection but, to me at least, this is far worse.

I like preppy colors and so on but not put together this way, sorry Sergio.

Its camp and tacky but its still 100000X better than most of the sh!t ie Collina Strada or Tia Adeola lol at NYC fashion week, some of these looks work when taken apart mainly because they are Xerox copies of Versace's work in the early 90s.

This feels very LA Swim Week audience/after party. A good proportion of the Real Housewives will lap this up in parts. It's also Jeremy Scott lite, as it has that abrasive saccharine American-ness that does not spark joy for me.

Still better than Siriano. And the cut of look 23 is rather nice, shame about the fabric choice. A simple sharkskin suiting fabric worn with a nearly not there tank top or sharply collared button up would have been pleasant.

I enjoy his shows because they are always fun and full of life but there's something basic and dated with this collection. I like the office wear but it looks like something you would find at Burlington or Marshalls, it lacks that expensive designer element that you may see at Calvin Klein or Michael Kors. Some of those first looks are also a bit too literal on the 90s designer inspiration.
The styling isnt helping as well, maybe in a lookbook it will look more current with more minimal styling. This hair and makeup is giving 'Jerseylicious' for those that used to watch the Style network.

Last edited:
reminds me of when I used to play with my cousins Barbie dolls….

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->