Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2023 Milan

haven’t seen anything as sad/desperate/pathetic as these tags with a random year on it lol. They WISH it was like their collections in 1998.. this is just.. 2007-2009.. Coco Rocha, Numero. So basic. If they were going to hook their relevancy on the breadcrumbs the Kardashians provided recently by wearing vintage D&G, they should’ve exclusively focused on the years they went after. No one asked for a watered-down retrospective or what they think is remarkable about their past.. they’re just.. so dumb lol, they were so close of finally getting it right and missed again. :lol:

It’s basically archived pieces on a cheap cast. Unfortunately for people who knows fashion, the magic will never be the same because those dresses were either worn by Natasha Poly, Gisele, Snejana, Cindy Crawford and others. But they are re-introducing those clothes to a new generation with their icon, Kim K.

I wonder if it’s a selection of Kim’s favorite looks from the archives or just a recreation of the archives and the introduction of Kim as a global face of the brand.

I prefer Italian Kim to LA Kim anyway.

dolce and gonna forget about this in 10 seconds

A "best of" collection. I still don't mind it though.

Everything looks good and polished, it's even cohesive in my opinion. Maybe Kim should be a stylist again. I thought her taste improving was thanks to that mad man, but I guess she has it in her, maybe?

Instead of "greatest hits" or "redux", I would call this collection "regurgitation".

I will never understand why fashion people adore so much Kim Kardashian. She is just the opposite of what a "fashion icon" is supposed to be.

tBGLxbu.jpg

y2k_high_fashion's instagram

Tragic.

It says a lot about the current state of this brand that a redux of their past looks curated by none other than Kim Kardashian is actually better than what they’ve been putting out for years now. It’s not to my liking, it does feel dated and this whole approach to sexy bores me but my eyes were not aggravated as usual and it feels less desperate than their recent TikTok fare.

The fit and finishing of most of the looks is quite mediocre. It’s better to not see these clothes up close.

The looks from 1997-1998 are incredible. Truly some of the best looks we've seen from them in a very long time. Moving forward they should shift more towards that aesthetic.

i actually liked it, the models looked amazing in the pieces. i loved their collections back in the day.

(it does feel like kim k is selling herself out a bit though, what she is doing with balenciaga feels way more luxury than this)

rewashed collection… but at least it’s different from that usual good mess.

the fashion sheeple will love this, I’m sure.

so Kim is the face and whatever of Balenciaga, had/s SKIMS with Fendi, had now this thing with Dolce… is she a lawyer already too?
Kim, ‘you’re doing amazing sweetie’!!! get those checks girl.

diet Prada didn’t do ish. lol

only people boycotting dolce are those who didn’t buy into the brand already.

Sorry but from what I recall dolce numbers are doing well.

dolce market value on the resell market has even gone up.

I still buy dolce. The fit is reliable and they are consistent.

I definitely stopped buying this brand after 2018. I was a huge fan in the '00s (less of a fan in the early '10s, but that was due to their design aesthetic, not their reputations.) Couldn't continue to give any money to those designers.

But "time heals all wounds" might be true, maybe. Because looking at this collection, (and I can't believe I'm saying this about a Dolce & Gabbana collection again) it does not suck?

so dark wouldn‘t want anything from it

I think this is what I respond to, again. That dark, sexy design aesthetic that we all knew DG for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->