seven for all mankind and azzedine alaia

zamb

Reaction score
I read in the new york post this morning In an article they did about the fall issues of Major magazines. that Alaia (my all time favorite designer) is doing a collaboration with seven for all mankind. Does anyone know anything about this ( i will do some research and see what i can find, ) i need a pair of size 32, even if they are made for women (as long as they are five pocket!!!)

gallianoke said:
why are there so many threads on this :blink:

my apologies
my computer was stuck and i press the submit button a couple of times, if someone can delete them that would be nice............

ZB

yes I cleaned them all up for you zamb :flower: (at least I think I got them all :unsure:)

Meg said:
yes I cleaned them all up for you zamb :flower: (at least I think I got them all :unsure:)
Gracias (dont know if i'm spelling correctly!) to you Meg

Last edited by a moderator:
omg...those jeans are going to cost like $1000...

have you SEEN alaia's prices!?!?!?..:shock:...

bet they'll be super skinny and super high waisted...
sounds like a great idea!...

softgrey said:

That's what I was thinking! Almost like those new Gloria Vanderbilt but with a cooler edge. I'm imagining the most covetable pair of denim jeans for women, ever. I have a feeling it's going to be either really good or really bad.

well.... the article in the post said the story is from the september issue of Harpers Bazaar. I checked the news stand on my way home but the sept issue is not out as yet. Maybe someone has a subscription, as thse usually reach subsribers before they hit the news stand. the listing is said to be on page 135.....

i am interested to see what they look like , because if they are not too feminine i would definately buy a pair ( hopefully they are not a $1000 as Softgrey suggested, though they just might be!!!!!!)

i dont usually but jeans for a lot of money but i think this would be an exeption, anything Alaia is always valuable..............

What a strange pair...
But I agree on the high waist, skinny leg.

^and that shape is definitely catching up!
i LOVE this!!

*i kind of wonder what kind of wash they will come in? i'd be great to see clean almost untreated denim..

softgrey said:

Yes, I hear they will cost upwards of $800.

-j

I've always thought of Seven for all mankind as a hip label...Alaia is a classic...I don't know if I like this. I'm confused.

ehh I don't know why people are excited. Highwaisted skinny jeans? Didn't IoC do that like two seasons ago? Sorry but I don't think highwaisted skinny jeans are fresh on any level nor do they justify a $800+ pricetag. Sounds boring to me.

WhiteLinen said:
I've always thought of Seven for all mankind as a hip label...Alaia is a classic...I don't know if I like this. I'm confused.

didn't they do a jeans collection with Zac posen last year or something? how did that go ? but i agree.. very weird combination. but they both benifit from each others' customer base! haha

Meg said:
ehh I don't know why people are excited. Highwaisted skinny jeans? Didn't IoC do that like two seasons ago? Sorry but I don't think highwaisted skinny jeans are fresh on any level nor do they justify a $800+ pricetag. Sounds boring to me.

Meg!........Meg .......this is Alaia.............
the most technically accommplished designer since Cristobal Balenciaga
also one of the last great links to the old guard of haute Couture working today (probably only karl lagerfeld and Oscar de la Renta is left of that mold (bearing in mind that Valentino is Italian)
All his garments, exept for the knitwear is produced in his atelier under his supervision. his work is qualitywise, one of the best collections around today and is not oversaturated on the market.
i know working with Seven the stuff will be industrially produced but i dont think his name is going to be on something of sub-par quality.
after all i own a couple of sevens, and the are well made, and very durable with a good fit.
Moreover, these will essentially be collectors items, when has anyone seen an Alaia jeans (exept for slirts/ trenchcoats)?

i have only three criteria, I hope they come in a size 32,
and that they are under $800 and not two girly,
if they meet all of these , theres not a man alive( or woman:flower: :D ) thats going to stop me from owning a pair...........or two .........or three

yes I am familiar with alaia's work (though I only see his shoes in stores these days....hardly ever see it on the rack) and I don't have anything against him and vintage alaia is amazing. That doesn't mean that this is fresh. And making a very accomplished pair of highwaisted skinny jeans doesn't make them fresh or new. I would have wanted something more. Seven is too commercial.

^I agree....

Even a high-low collaboration like Topshop/Alaia would be more enticing than a denim collaboration. However fantastic quality these high-waisted jeans may be.... in the end, they're still just a pair of jeans....
and that really doesn't warrant the price tag...well, maybe because I'm not really a jeans lover.

BUT..we don't even know if they're going to be high-waisted and skinny yet!!:lol:
..that's just something that was suggested...
i'd be nice though..

well, i find this incredibly exciting. his tailoring is just phenomenal as is his style. i really look forward to seeing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->