Seven for all Mankind Shoes

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
wwd / november 6. 2009

Seven For All Man-kind is putting shoes on.

The Los Angeles-based denim brand is entering a licensing agreement with Schwartz & Benjamin Inc. for the production and distribution of a footwear collection making its debut for spring. Five women’s styles will become available exclusively at the company’s worldwide retail locations. Come fall, a complete collection with additional styles will touch down at specialty and luxury department stores.

“Extending into new product categories is a key initiative for the brand, and we have always said publicly that we were interested in the footwear business,” said Leilani Augustine, vice president of marketing and licensing at Seven For All Mankind.

“Finding the right shoe for your jean, whether it’s a flip-flop jean or a trouser jean, is important to creating the perfect look,” Augustine said. “We are serious about the footwear category and Schwartz & Benjamin is not only highly respected by retailers, but also has a rich history in the footwear business in their design sensibility as well as marketing and growing licensed brands.”

Retailing from $150 to $350, Seven For All Mankind footwear will span styles such as the classic ballet flat, gladiator sandal, wooden wedge and stacked platform heel. The extension marks a continuing growth initiative for the brand. In addition to men’s, women’s and children’s denim, Seven For All Mankind offers a full line of sportswear, handbags and small leather goods.

Seven For All Mankind “designers have a unique perspective on footwear, which will complement their clothing, denim and accessories,” said Daniel Schwartz, president and chief executive officer of Schwartz & Benjamin.

kch56q.jpg

^
that looks nicer than I thought it would, but it's still Chloe from 2 seasons ago, right down to the buckle.

I understand a lot of brands desires to branch out into "lower priced" goods during a recession to keep people buying their product when they might not have $500+ to lay down on something, but shoes seems like a very bizarre transition. Why not do what Acne does and interesting dresses/skirts/tops? I don't really get the "why".

I didn't know 7 For All Mankind makes shoes. Those sandals look very nice from Post #1. I'd take these over any strappy abomination (gladiator sandals) any day of the week. The chocolate color is nice as well with those sandals.

They are just now starting to make shoes. and i would argue that is a gladiator style....

they're cute but nothing special at all... I feel like I've seen those before

Well, I would (in response to Post #7). They are kind of like a marriage of a ballet flat with a high wooden heel. I love these two pumps. These are some sweet shoes.

I hate them, urgh, they're just so very very plain. There is nothing there that looks like quality, and there is nothing new or interesting stylewise. I don't see the point in them doing shoes.

What makes them so different from Steve Maddens? Haha.
I dont think their quality will be anything like their jeans...

I've seen these shoes a lot in sales and outlets...I think they are quite ugly and look cheap despite their retail price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->