Sewing - #2

i just finished this handbag/clutch ^_^

IMG_1686.jpg

my picture

Wow you girls are all so talented! I have a sewing machine and have a lot of projects in mind. I should just sign up for a class though - I can hardly sew a straight line!
Are some of you self-taught?

^i am. but i´m not that good too. some of these people here sew wonderful pieces.

Made myself this bag for the summer. It's huge, and I already took it to the beach, perfect!
zc05f.jpg

does anyone know how I can achieve this kind of peplum? A more pressed down version of it
Evan+Rachel+Wood+in+Gucci+Pre-fall.jpg

scarletstiletto100.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I need help with this dress - can someone tell me how the fabric was cut/manipulated to with blend with the lace? I was told the process is called "encrusting the lace" - is a top stich done around the outline? Thanks for any help!

pic source: concreteloop.com

it also looks like the gathers on the sides contributed to the jagged edge though i cant be too sure

thanks alot juzuxel that actually makes sense instead of a circular pattern its square.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know how to achieve the effect at the bottom of this dress?
picture

pic dressale.com

Attachments

• carol 5.jpg
    carol 5.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
^You basically cut out one big thin circle, same as a regular peplum but bigger and thinner and sew it up and down or whatever shape you want to gice the ruffle. you can form flowers, circles. Or if the material is sturdy enough you can just gather long strips and sew the ruffles in an arbitrary way.

Does anyone know any shopping addresses (preferable europe, but anywhere else is also fine) where you can buy real quality fabrics for example chanel tweeds but also all kind of other fabrics?

^ In London: Goldhawk Road has a large number of fabric shops and it's excellent if you're looking for end of lines and are on a budget, if not, Berwick Street near Oxford Circus for potentially more unusually and definitely more expensive fabrics.

Thanks Crying Diamonds. I've been on Berwick Street but there wasn't a lot of choice in different fabrics. I saw a nice lace there but the price was 250 pounds/metre :shock:, a little bit too expensive. I don't mind expensive fabrics if the quality is accordingly so, max 100 pound/metre. Ideal would be to find a shop with high quality fabrics and especially a lot of choice.

I have been sewing about 1.5 years and the results are almost always surprisingly good, so I want to share some stuff I have made:

A comfy but stylish shirt in different colors / black wool cape:
ackbp42p.jpg
adz6Mwml.jpg

For my suit I had this inspiration from Chanel and the result is pretty good if I may say so:
adk9LdaG.jpg
advFxg9l.jpg
adglqYc2.jpg
aciWKwbN.jpg

My pics/style.com

Currently I'm trying to sew the red cape/coat displayed in my avatar and sewing a leather skirt with some help from a sewing teacher. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"