Sharon Wauchob S/S 2025 London

I often look at SW’s work and wonder why this lady has never been asked (unless she was and politely declined) to take the creative reins at one of the many houses who do flou (Nina Ricci or Alberta Ferretti are the first ones that come to mind) but presently prefer to dabble with the generic (the latter) or the faux avant-garde (the former).
Why is it that ppl in charge of making these sort of decisions would rather eat their own s**t than hiring someone with real talent and designing skills?

I often look at SW’s work and wonder why this lady has never been asked (unless she was and politely declined) to take the creative reins at one of the many houses who do flou (Nina Ricci or Alberta Ferretti are the first ones that come to mind) but presently prefer to dabble with the generic (the latter) or the faux avant-garde (the former).
Why is it that ppl in charge of making these sort of decisions would rather eat their own s**t than hiring someone with real talent and designing skills?
Alberta Ferretti is still being designed by its namesake (fun fact: the Aeffe group turns 50 next year). She might retire soon though.

As for Nina Ricci, she would do wonderfully there, but I think that Puig has decided to let the brand fall to the wayside after 25 years of failing to find a long-term creative director after Pipart. They seem more interested in cementing Rabanne and Herrera as the Louis Vuitton and Dior of Puig.

I like the trench-coat from pic 2, would like to see the front. Some nice things here...but I hate the polka-dot mini-dress from pic 12.

A pity she can´t make a show, while the rest of London clown designers can.

Alberta Ferretti is still being designed by its namesake (fun fact: the Aeffe group turns 50 next year). She might retire soon though.
She still needs a design director nonetheless. Michele Manz did wonders in the late 90’s early 00’s and the brand has never been as good since she moved on. Plus the brand has practically no image coordination, unless you count what Franca Sozzani unofficially did in the same period. The Paris store on Fauburg SH is probably the single, ugliest thing in the whole street.

^^^ From my neck of the woods, the new line of creative leads are mostly, if not all, from a business education/background, and tend to surround themselves with similar types. Add to that they do tend to prefer hiring younger, more representation, with the brand of mediocre talent that’s typical of this fashion era. Mediocrity attract more mediocrity. They don’t like superior talent. And Sharon seems to be of the mind that less is more— literally: She always only has a modest offering of looks, more than enough for a women’s needs for a season, actually. She probably also knows that her customer will wear her designs with other designers’, and that’s not what brands want from their CD these days. That there’s not a single bag/shoe/sunglass in sight from her offering is such a rare blessing.

beautiful & feminine clothing, as per usual
(however, this model must have the knobbiest knees ever lol)

LOL Her choice of casting has always been for these stork-like figured women. I’d imagine just like a stork, she’s a solitary, striking figure, going on about her own way, unlike the other birds that need to flock together dressed in the latest hot labels. Sharon's women mixing and matching a Sharon Wauchob dress or shirt with a suit from Sarah’s McQueen, a coat from Haider Ackermann or Tom Ford.

i think the row should hire her to be their shadow designer. she will make everything so light and covetable.

Her and the likes of AF Vandervost, Damir Doma, Chalayan, Veronique Branquinho,...should all be back !!! Imagine if they all started to make their name in the mid 2010s instead of earlier, i bet they would have been a lot more recognized.

Such a waste of talents

^^ sharon as the shadow of the olsen twins’ line…?!

Her threads are so harmless but in the past years…😬.. she had shows in Paris for years, she’s in a healthy rhythm now, showing what she wants to show and she’s independent, why is that suddenly something that needs to be ‘fixed’ or receive the oh so helpful hand of the corporate world whose whole premise is watering down identities…

way to misinterpret my comment.. its not much about her needing to be fixed/helped by the conglomerates but more about how obviously the twins arent designing their own collections so it better be someone capable like sharon. And how much she could elevate their line and how i see her work as the elevated version of what the olsens are trying.

it wasnt really that deep... never said her brand shouldnt exist or that her brand needs help, i have no idea where that notion is coming from. Many designers have shown and proven that it is possible and that they can be strong designers for multiple houses (not you kim jones).

Her and the likes of AF Vandervost, Damir Doma, Chalayan, Veronique Branquinho,...should all be back !!! Imagine if they all started to make their name in the mid 2010s instead of earlier, i bet they would have been a lot more recognized.

Such a waste of talents

AF Vandervorst, Damir Doma and Chalayan (especially Chalayan!) were all gold and don't forget Gareth Pugh who was basically like if Margiela and McQueen had a child. It's hard to believe these brands are gone when there's such mediocrity around.

she’s LFW QUEEN and I love that she keeps herself low profile-ish.

everything about her designs is so special and intimate! pure. and this is so rare! Sharon is one of a kind, a purist minimalist, if I dare say so.

I’m in awe with those white tops, the white trousers, the first black dress ! the trench coat. the white jacket !! I want it all!

I do think she’s one of the most deserving designers of having a fashion show. to see her offerings in motion worn by A-list models would be a dream come true to a fashion freak like me.

thank you awfully for posting @vogue28 you’re always indefatigable, especially during fashion week! :flower:

I must be missing something because I only see rags here

Personal taste btw, I'm not a big fan of this flowy drapery fashion. Ghesquiere is my hero, after all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->