• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sheer Fabrics S/S 06

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
Is that a breast I see? Probably, yes. With another trend from the S/S 06 runways, designers proof that showing some flesh can be done differntly than by just being naked. With sensual hints towards naked skin and exposed breasts, sheer fabrics seem to be the next big thing.

00190m.jpg
00380m.jpg

Christian Dior

00560m.jpg
00040m.jpg

Jean-Paul Gaultier

00230m.jpg
00330m.jpg

Viktor & Rolf

www.style.com

Boobies ahoy...

Reminds me of YSLs see-thru p*ssy-bow shirts.

I really don't think this trend is going to be big among the people...

Most people will probably be uncomfortable wearing sheer fabrics, especially the tops, and others won't know how to wear sheer fabrics.

Personally, I think the dresses look ruined when you can see boobs hanging through them. It just makes a pretty dress look ugly.

I think it's hard to wear something that's completely made by sheer fabrics unless I'm at the beach.. I would just feel uncomfortable.. like I'm walking around in my underwear

sheer clothes

"sheer fabrics seem to be the next big thing." Mr-Dale writes.
Imho there is nothing new in sheer clothing in fashion shows. I have been following the fashion sites since '97 and it's become quite common to use transparent fabrics. When you watch the collections on Firstview.com, they go back to those years and then you'll see lots of transparency. Well, it never bores me though... :D

^ Yes, but what I think MR. Dale means is that this season there seems to be a resurgence of sheer fabrics being shown without anything underneath, which while fashion was in it's ladylike mode became taboo.

I personally love the fact that there is some sensuality back on the runways. I don't think any designer honestly expects clients to wear these clothes without something underneath, it would be redicuous if they did. Why people have trouble wearing sheer clothes is beyond me, it's all about layering. Wear a fleshtone slip, wear a camisole, if you're comfortable enough just wear a really pretty bra (although I don't really condone that look cause it's very hard to pull off without looking skanky)

Balenciaga
00210m.jpg
00230m.jpg

Dolce and Gabbana
00110m.jpg
00630m.jpg

photos: Style.com

Great thread mr dale! :heart: i think sheer fabrics are ok...... as long as they have camouflage underneath to cover the right areas.... i dont think lingerie that peeks through sheer fabrics is very pretty..... either you BARE it all, or you don't...... as simple! :P

That's exactly what I meant Spike :smile:
I think this spurge of sheer fabrics on this season's runway can be blamed on a haute couture collection that I do not even have to give a name, without you all knowing what I am talking about :P

Sheer fashion through the years

Some examples of sheer fashion I found in the collections since 1998:
top-left: S/S 1998: Collette Dinigan
top-right: S/S 1999: Valentino
bottom-left: S/S 2000: Helmut Lang
bottom-right: S/S 2001: Philosophy

There is nothing new under the sun, but I don't mind at all...

Attachments

• 98z_collettedinigan107.jpg
    98z_collettedinigan107.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 6
  • 99z_valentino112.jpg
    99z_valentino112.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 00z_lang064.jpg
    00z_lang064.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 01z_philosophy111.jpg
    01z_philosophy111.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1
I hope I will not be seeing a lot of nipple on the street. It is somehow very unappealing to me to see a random boob when I am not expecting it. Is anyone here planning to show off a sheer breast or two this spring?

I never said that is was a new thing zomerjurkje, just that it was the next big thing. Or in other words, sheer is the new black :wink:

00380m.jpg

I love this one, pic from style.com.

for the sheer fabric, maybe to wear the same color dress in side will be ok to me.

...but I don't want people to see my nips!

If I knew how to wear it without a tank top or shirt under it that makes it look bad, then I would.

I can't stand sheer fabrics. Anna Molinari dresses are ok, because there is so much ruffeles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->