Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong Split

NOE

Reaction score
:o :unsure: :( :shock:

The much anticipated wedding of Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow is officially off.

The couple, who released a joint statement through Armstrong’s spokesman to PEOPLE, are calling it quits after two years of dating and an engagement that lasted a little over five months.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up. We both have a deep love and respect for each other and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this very difficult time," the statement said.

Rumors of trouble began surfacing around Christmas, but the couple insisted there was no truth to them and that they were moving forward with wedding plans for this spring.

Crow recently tried on wedding gowns, including a Vera Wang with what she said was “a particularly absurd amount of meringue,” for a photo shoot for Allure magazine and told reporters that she would be marrying her cyclist boyfriend in Austin.

Armstrong, 34, a Texan, and Crow, 43, born in Missouri, shared a ranch in Austin and were said to be planning to live there together after their wedding.

The couple met at a charity event in October 2003 and began dating a short time later.

"I knew pretty quickly that I was totally into him,” Crow told PEOPLE in November.

Armstrong proposed to her in Sun Valley, Idaho, in late August in a proposal Crow called “very romantic.”

Source: People

After this past year of celeb divorces/broken engagements I just don't believe in celeb marriages anymore. Go Goldie Hawn and Oprah for just letting their relationships be... and for not being forced to follow suit:blush:

my mom's pretty happy about this. she wasn't happy that sheryl broke up lance's family. i'm not too fond of him or her, to tell you the truth.

peacelover142002 said:
my mom's pretty happy about this. she wasn't happy that sheryl broke up lance's family. i'm not too fond of him or her, to tell you the truth.

Well tell your mom that it's not true cause they started going was after Lance and his wife split. Plus I think it was the wife that left him so I don't see why couldn't go out with Sheryl.

It's sad as well for his kids cause by now they would have gotten attached to her.

Label Basher said:
Well tell your mom that it's not true cause they started going was after Lance and his wife split. Plus I think it was the wife that left him so I don't see why couldn't go out with Sheryl.

It's sad as well for his kids cause by now they would have gotten attached to her.

Exactly! That's basically a myth. They did start dating waaay after he was divorced. He stated on Oprah that he was divorced before he had cancer.:blush:

Ted C. has been hinting for a few weeks about this so no suprises here

Well, by all accounts Lance is a first-class jerk and I never liked (nor disliked, except when she sings) Sheryl so I feel sorry for none of them.

It's sad when people brake up, I thought they made a cute couple :(

But seriously, no famous couple will ever make it in my opinion...

Jennika said:
Ted C. has been hinting for a few weeks about this so no suprises here

I think every tabloid has been hinting at this for several months. Not suprised they broke up.

Harumi said:
Well, by all accounts Lance is a first-class jerk and I never liked (nor disliked, except when she sings) Sheryl so I feel sorry for none of them.

Why is he a jerk:huh: Do you know him:woot:

NOE said:
Why is he a jerk:huh: Do you know him:woot:
Nope. But he is hated by about everyone on the Tour de France (public and journalists) because of his arrogance and rudeness. He is known to present a quite decent face during interviews but shows his true colors between takes.
Also, you would believe him coming from Texas and being an American champion, he would be have a good press in his home-state. Mind you, pretty much all Texan I've ever heard (or read) talk about him used the world a**hole at least once in each sentence.

Harumi said:
Nope. But he is hated by about everyone on the Tour de France (public and journalists) because of his arrogance and rudeness. He is known to present a quite decent face during interviews but shows his true colors between takes.
Also, you would believe him coming from Texas and being an American champion, he would be have a good press in his home-state. Mind you, pretty much all Texan I've ever heard (or read) talk about him used the world a**hole at least once in each sentence.

Wow. Welll thanks for the scoop. I only know him from interviews (how else do we really know celebrities?)... so it's shocking to think that he isn't really humble in real life... esp for having had cancer, and being from Texas as you mentioned. Ah, that's sad to find out:blush:

NOE said:
Wow. Welll thanks for the scoop. I only know him from interviews (how else do we really know celebrities?)... so it's shocking to think that he isn't really humble in real life... esp for having had cancer, and being from Texas as you mentioned. Ah, that's sad to find out:blush:
Well I guess everyone has a bad and a good side. I've only been exposed to his bad side but I'm sure he's not Satan or anything. Must have some redeeming qualities.:lol:
Anyway, don't want to spoil anything if you like him. I have never met him so... let just say he does not rank high on my list of 'Nice people I'd love to meet'.^_^

Well, I don't really know too much about him... other than maybe from an Oprah or Dateline interview... so it really doesn't bother me much.

But I do have a LIVE STRONG wrist band (i've never worn it, but my friend had a ton and i asked for one b/c they were soooo hard to get at the time and i had easy access to it:lol: )... so now I'm pissed... kidding:P

It's pretty crazy they broke off their engagement... it seems the ratio of celebrities doing this is much higher than the country's average. It has been a trend lately... I dunno I think that he was just too much to handle. He definetly seems like some with a big personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopsfie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->