Shimmery loose powder?

cutxpaste

barack the vote
Reaction score
Can anyone know of any good loose powder that has a bit of a shimmer to it to complement your bone structure?
Thanks.

I like Revlon Skinlights powder and another similar one by Laura Mercier :wink:

Revlon_Skinlights_Face_Illuminator_Loose_Powder1-resized200.jpg

the packaging is actually quite cute, as the brush stays inside the lid

yeah i love skin lights - especially the pink tone for winter and the gold tone for summer

might also like to try boots natural collection shimmer glow - its liquid but its really nice to apply, natural and streak free

nars makes one called sparkling powder- it has a 'superfine gold shimmer' and comes in three shades. its also 'triple milled for instant radiance'. i like the shade 'macchu picchu'.

^ Thanks! I'm a big NARS fan, so I'll definitely check that out :flower:

Can someone teach me how to use these shimmery loose powders on your face?I want to purchase Revlon skinlights but I have no idea how to use it! THanks! any help appreciated :flower:

Ok, after your face lotion or cream, apply your foundation, whatever..... light liquid or compact press foundation then take a powder brush. If you want shimmer only on your cheek area put natural powder first, then brush your cheeks with the skinlights powder. It very easy........ smile fisrt to get the ideal cheekbone area.

Always try make up to get your colour suit to you. If you don't try it you don't get the blinking eye from others.

Clinique Gentle Light Loose Powder and MAC has one called, I think, Silver Dusk that is nice. Also, if you want to be a bit more wild with it, Urban Decay has flavored, sparkly loose powder in tons of colors/scents. I love them :D !

I use MAC ... something, I've mentioned it in the What are you wearing on your face thread ...

Not sure if anybody would be interested, but here's a bit out of Elle's April issue...:

Makeup artist Karan Mitchell loves "Bare Minerals loose powder foundation. "I'm totally in love with how light it feels." Mixed with M.A.C. Silver Dusk powder, it hides any flaws on the chest. "Skin not only looks perfect, but it shimmers like glass," she says."

:flower:

thanks for the tip erin :smile: i have tried something similar with golden bronze.... I want to try it with silver dusk, now .
the m.a.c powders are great for just about anything..:heart:

^ Is that the same as their pigment stuff? :unsure:

I found Les Voilettes of Guerlain also fantastic. My skin is oily on the T-zone, so I drop les voilettes, it's matt tauch. It looks great..., matt but shimerring..., amazing.

I have a shimmer powder by Covergirl that I use that has a silver shimmer-it's not just great for the ice princess look, as I wear it any time I dress up to highlight my extra-bony collarbone. However I also used it when I needed an age technique for a play at my church and for the $1 I paid for it on clearance, it's awesome.

Apply with the largest brush you can find and tap off any excess powder in the lid of the powder thing. That's my tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Len84
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->