Shoe Art

dr.shoegal

Reaction score
I have bought a new house and am looking for beautiful photographs of beautiful shoes (please, no feet/legs). I want to print them off in black and white and create some great art.

They can be either sandels or pumps, vintage or new, outrageous or modest.... If you have or have seen any photos that may work, could you please post?

Thanks, your help would be fantastic!!! :flower:

How about paying a visit to the Bata Shoe Museum's website? I imagine they'd have a ton. :flower:

Unfortunately the Bata shoe museum website does not have a lot of good quality photos..... Perhaps I need to take a trip to Toronto... mmm.. shopping on bloor street.

Originally posted by dr.shoegal@Apr 18th, 2004 - 9:42 pm
Unfortunately the Bata shoe museum website does not have a lot of good quality photos.....  Perhaps I need to take a trip to Toronto... mmm.. shopping on bloor street.
:lol:
And then there's always Zara... :heart:
Seriously though, you could also just try Google.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 18th, 2004 - 9:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 18th, 2004 - 9:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-dr.shoegal@Apr 18th, 2004 - 9:42 pm
Unfortunately the Bata shoe museum website does not have a lot of good quality photos.....  Perhaps I need to take a trip to Toronto... mmm.. shopping on bloor street.
:lol:
And then there's always Zara... :heart:
Seriously though, you could also just try Google. [/b][/quote]
I have found a couple of nice shots of gorgeous shoes on style.com as well as the neiman marcus website... But I'm always looking for more.. for something different.... :blush:

These aren't photographs, but Andy Warhol has quite a few works about shoes that you can purchase posters of:

d8W831c.jpg

d8W800c.jpg

The first piece is from his early work as a commercial illustrator, and the second piece is an example of his later fine art.

I got the pictures from barewalls.com if you're interested.

manolo blahnik has a book of his drawings, that would be nice

oooh, and these!!!

ruby.jpg

I hope to god you know where they're from

Originally posted by Nader@Apr 19th, 2004 - 3:37 pm
oooh, and these!!!

ruby.jpg

Didn't these go for like $660,000 a few years ago? Apparantly the most money ever spent on a pair of shoes... They're beautiful!

But that's more like it. I'm not really looking for shoe art, I'm just looking for pictures of gorgeous shoes.... Thanks for all your input so far...

QUOTE (Nader @ Apr 19th, 2004 - 3:37 pm)
oooh, and these!!!

Didn't these go for like $660,000 a few years ago? Apparantly the most money ever spent on a pair of shoes... They're beautiful!

But that's more like it. I'm not really looking for shoe art, I'm just looking for pictures of gorgeous shoes.... Thanks for all your input so far...

I thought they were in the Smithsonian Museum of American History (or whatever it's called - the one with the President's wives dresses...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carluaz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->