Shoes for the Gym

Hipkitten

Diamond
Reaction score
I can't believe we don't already have a thread like this! I did a search and came up with nothing - but if I missed it, could someone please merge this to the appropriate place?

Here's the deal: I need a new pair of shoes to wear to the gym. Something functional but cute - I'm not a fan of those crazy, space age running shoes. My workout ranges anywhere from elliptical to treadmill to weights and yoga...so something multifunctional would be great. Any suggestions? All help will be greatly appreciated :flower:

Honestly, I HATE cross trainers. I don't know why. I always go for the running shoes. I like NIKE mostly because my foot has pretty much no arch and they give me pretty good support.

I know you said you don't like Space - agey shoes, but I've heard good things about NIKE SHOX

Wow, I sound like a nike rep, I swear I'm not!!

I just got a pair of some bright yellow Nike shox theyre great cant go wrong with them.

New Balance, is the best IMO. They come in various widths and they have shoes for walking, cross training and running.

I do exactly the same sort of routine you do at the gym. I usually just use Adidas Superstars. They look cute, aren't that expensive, and do the job. Plus, they aren't so high-tech as some of the shoes nowadays. I think the high-tech sneakers are worth it for those who do serious marathon running, jogging, walking, and trail running, etc. Plus, the treadmills do have more cushion than regular pavement (so I've been told by my trainer). Hope this helps! :smile:

My sister got these Nike Shox with pearlized white leather and purple patent leather. They are very high fashion, I like them quite a bit...

i also recommend nike shox. ive had mine for about 3 years now but i never really wore them outside, only to the gym so i couldnt damage them much. so, if your looking for "indoor gym" only shoes, these will last you a LONG time. mine still look brand new :D

henriette said:
nike air rift plus! these cuties should work for you. they're considered "running" shoes, but I'd stay on a treadmill with them (not enough cushioning for outdoors).

http://nikewomen.nike.com/nikewomen/us/index.jhtml?ref=www.nike.com#silho,shoe

i have these shoes and i love them! i call them my ninja shoes :lol: they are very comfortable but i agree that they lack in the cushioning to run in them

my current shoes for running are by adidas. they are more lightweight to me than nike's

Last edited by a moderator:
Gym shoes - what is your fave?

I like my New Balances now but don't love them. I had terrible luck with Nikes. What is your fave?

I've owned a pair of Asics for a few years now, but want to get a new pair of shoes for the gym. I have no idea where to start though... It's so hard to find a good pair. :doh:

I have a pair of Asics, I bought them a fewm onths ago. Very comfortable, but I can't say I know too much about these...except that they felt much better to me than the other brands.

I bought my reeboks 4 years ago and I can still wear them today. they're not even in bad condition either despite having me wear them every single day for the first 2 years!

my newer shoes are from missy elliot's respect me line for adidas. they're fab and give my feet a break from wearing heels and other uncomfortable shoes i own.

I have a pair of Air Balance Nikes which I LOVE. I remember when I first got them they felt incredible because they were so much lighter and bouncier to run in!

Tushka_BeLLa said:
What are Asics?

Sports manufacturer.

They're pretty well-known for their running shoes over here :flower:

I'd recommend Asics or New Balances if you want to run outdoors...better cushioning.

I have asics too - so light and comfy - the top is mesh a bit so they breathe alright. Have to get a new pair soon though, darn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarawilliams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->