Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

What did he do at Gucci ?
Never heard of him but apparently he was 'Senior vice president, global brand image and content studio' and Gucci joined just a year ago.
I'd jump off the sinking Gucci ship too...The campaigns and brand image under his supervision were just absolutely lacklustre, so we'll see if it's going to be a case of 'forgive but not forget' for his career.

I’m starting to think Gucci has no solution, at least for the next 2 or 3 years. Nobody would like to accept that role if they have certain relevance in fashion and they won’t go for someone anonymous.

The only person I could see accepting the role (and maybe it could work) is Riccardo Tisci. I don’t like his aesthetic but could work if he renews his style a little bit. I’m not a Tisci fan by any mean, but he is the only one I could see accepting the role.

No one from LVMH would go to Kering I think, even if they get paid 30M.

It's shocking to me that it takes so many industry professionals to make this brand just exist and do the bare minimum in the year 2024!

All they need is a strong artistic director with a strong vision. That's it. You don't need to keep hiring these random people and trying to impress the industry by listing their credentials and respective resumes. What's more, the fact that even with all these extremely experienced people you still can't ignite any heat for the brand - well, must I say more? It's embarrassing to watch...

Sounds like he was fired.
No he left just got the info this morning long time disagreement as i understood he was hired from CK with the idea to oversee all image shootings and CID , while Sabato came with his own guy Riccardo Zanola that is doing now all the main fashion ADV, so there was a split in fashion creativity and the commercial part (Cedric) like Ecom and smaller drops campaign you see online and CID overall.

Apparently they now have report and explain every step to Stefano Cantino and with lots of budgets cuts going on, so he had enough.

The only Gucci shoots credited to Cedric on models.com are all as insipid as everything else the brand produces. Whether he jumped, or was pushed, his time was as underwhelming as everyone else under SdS stewardship.

No he left just got the info this morning long time disagreement as i understood he was hired from CK with the idea to oversee all image shootings and CID , while Sabato came with his own guy Riccardo Zanola that is doing now all the main fashion ADV, so there was a split in fashion creativity and the commercial part (Cedric) like Ecom and smaller drops campaign you see online and CID overall.

Apparently they now have report and explain every step to Stefano Cantino and with lots of budgets cuts going on, so he had enough.
Fair enough!

I have never heard of him before but to be honest, his work at Calvin Klein we can see on his IG was pretty robust in my opinion, it conveyed the right image of CK underwear, both with celebrities, models or more inclusive campaigns. And underwear was the only thing that sold at CK so we can assume he, at least, knew his job around merchandising trivial products.
On the paper, him coming to Gucci to work on products campaign was probably a good idea.

Too bad SdS did not offer good products to promote though or did not let him have his way. We will never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->