Valentino Resort 2025 Milan

I was reading some of Valentino's old interviews and I found this little tidbit from a 1965 interview which reminded me exactly of Alessandro's vision :
And, in a prescient moment, he added that what “really makes a woman elegant are the accessories . . . many and expensive.”

I see a lot of people take issue with the "more is more" styling approach here and refer to as it being "granny-chic" and somehow "outdated", but if you take the pieces away from the presentation and you look at the garments on their own, there are actually a lot of modern and timeless things that reference the history of the brand.

What's more, the "spirit" of Valentino is to create beautiful clothes that are imbued with references to the past and to culture (ie. cinema, opera, ballet, all of which Valentino is obsessed with). Mr. Valentino has said this many, many times. Beauty for beauty's sake. Just because some of us may not like the type of beauty that Alessandro is proposing, does not mean that we can assert confidently that he does not understand the "spirit of the Valentino". It's quite unreasonable .

And also, since when was Valentino ever associated with "sexiness"? He made beautiful evening gowns that were essentially classic and evoked women's sensuality at most, but to call any of his pieces "sexy"? I think he would be horrified. We are speaking of a man after all who had a meltdown in his documentary about an evening gown being too sheer, and then referring to the sight of legs in this evening gown as being vulgar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->