Singer Houston attempts suicide, gouges out eye

sugarpea

Reaction score
this is so sad...

R&B Singer Gouges Out Eye After Suicide Attempt2 hours, 44 minutes ago
Entertainment - Reuters

By Gail Mitchell

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Following a suicide attempt, R&B singer Houston has gouged out his eye while on an overseas performance junket.

A brief statement was released Wednesday by his Capitol Records label, saying only, "Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time."

According to sources, the singer first attempted to jump out of a London hotel window last Thursday. Prevented from doing so by his security staff, Houston was locked in his room, at which time the injury occurred. No additional details as to his current condition or whereabouts have been disclosed.

Featured in a McDonald's commercial, Houston's 2004 hit single "I Like That" peaked at No. 11 on the Hot 100 singles chart. The song also featured Chingy, Nate Dogg and I-20.

Houston's debut album, "It's Already Written," has sold 208,000 units to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan, having peaked at No. 14 on The Billboard 200.

Reuters/Billboard

at first I thought this was Whitney Houston. Regardless, being in a place where suicide seems like the only option is very sad.

I thought they were talking about Whitney at first too.....god, to be that desperate must be horrible.

Sounds like angel dust more than a suicide attempt.

who?

Ive never heard of this song.

I LOVE whitney houston, she better stay cool.

OMG! I was about to say ... "It's Bobby Brown's fault!"
Errm ... hope he gets better (Houston, not Bobby ... I HATE Bobby)

I thought it was Whitney Houston too, I was gonna cry

...btw, Who's Houston? I hope him the best...

lady grey said:
we should do a whitney houston top 10, or favourite song or something.

I am hugely into whitney.

its not Whitney though...
Terrible way to commit suicide... :cry:

Im so shocked! Houston is a r'n'b singer...hes relatively new to me and has only released a few singles over here....

I hope hes going to be ok..I hate the thought of him being so depressed that he wants to take his life..:(

thats brutal and scary.......

i thought it was whitney at first too.......:eek: i thought : she's crazy acting like flava flav now sinse bobby brown....but, she isnt that mad

I initially thought it was Whitney Houston, too, when I first read this earlier today, but I realized it wasn't soon afterwards...what a sad way to go about things. I actually saw a picture of him, post-this-event. Nasty. :: shivers :: I could see the eye he gouged out...>.<

purplelucrezia said:
So now, not only is he not dead, he's also minus an eye.

dude...thats what im thinking...i feel so bad for him...he's only 22

What the article left out was he is manic depressive and hooked (?) on PCP.

:rolleyes: he was probably high...or coming off a high...poor boy:rolleyes:

Silly me...I just realized who this Houston is...I loved his song "I Like That"

Yes, Poor thing.

houston_ashanti200g

Misako said:
what a sad way to go about things. I actually saw a picture of him, post-this-event. Nasty. :: shivers :: I could see the eye he gouged out...>.<

me too..it sends shivers down me when I recall seeing a pic of him inside my mind..feels like its going to haunt me forever..:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marianaluciatorres134
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->