The Cure

Fascination Street is one of my favorite tunes... :heart:

I am in love with a lot of the songs off the box set.
My favourites:
This twilight garden
A few hours after this
Pillbox Tales
To the sky
This is a lie

I just love the Cure. A LOT of their songs can bring me to tears.

the cure is one of my favorite bands. i saw them in concert and i almost died.
just like heaven is probably my favorite song because whenever i'm upset i just need to listen to that song and it's instantly puts me in a better mood. but then they made that stupid movie with reese witherspoon.

"a forest" is my favourite cure song, and "lovecats" its such a cute song and "the walk" and....i can go on and on.I love the cure.

Their pop songs are awful in a fun way. But the heart of the Cure lies in their dark songs. Disintegration is one of the best albums of all time. "The Same Deep Water As You" has always been my favorite from that album, as well as the B-Sides "Too Late" and "Fear Of Ghosts". And "Untitled", "Prayers For Rain", "Plainsong", "Last Dance"... :P

I know the official Trilogy is p*rn*gr*phy, Disintegration, and Bloodflowers, but I think the real trilogy is Seventeen Seconds, Faith, and p*rn*gr*phy. They make more fluid sense together played back-to-back, musically and sonically. I understand the concept of calling the others the Trilogy, but playing those CDs back-to-back is rather jaunty with the huge changes in sound and musical style. The Trilogy Live DVD is a different matter, though. It's totally brilliant, and everything really gels in that experience.

I wish Robert had done what he originally intended with Wish and released it as a "two-faced" double album, one CD of the happy, poppy Cure, and the other of the dark, depressed Cure. That would have been brilliant. Damn record company pressure. But if you take dark Wish B-sides like "Play" and "This Twilight Garden" and combine them with the darker, sadder Wish tracks ("Apart", "To Wish Impossible Things", etc.) and the song "Burn" from the Crow soundtrack of the same era, you have an amazing dark Cure CD. :wink:

Okay, I'm done for now. :lol:

Aaah, I saw them live last summer. I was in the front row, actually. So close to Robert, I could almost touch him:blush:

They're amazing. Apart, From the Edge of the Deep Green See, and Let's Go To Bed are three of my favorites.^_^

If I speak, I will rain on the parade...

...so I won't.

;]

^ probably good :lol:

i love their earlier work the best - 3 imaginary boys, seventeen seconds, boys don't cry, etc. p*rn*gr*phy used to be my favorite, but i've grown out of it, i think. one of my favorite songs ever: fire in cairo :heart:

i grew up on the cure...i just love love their earlier stuff ... have their older stuff in lps (do anyone remember that black round things???:lol: ) and cds since i dont wanna scratch the records... :doh: :blink:

Does anyone know if they're working on a new CD yet? :innocent: If I'm not mistaken they're under contract for 1 or 2 more? :unsure:

Any additional info on this? I guess it was a Limited Time deal? :doh:
4play5xz.jpg

thecure.com

the cure are just amazing
these are the songs i've heard from them..
friday i'm in love
inbetween days (the first cure song i fell in love with)
just like heaven (love this one so much)
boys dont cry
pictures of you
end of the world

what do you guys think of their new work? i've only heard end of the world :smile:

btw i love 'the cure girl' in the movie 'wet hot american summer' shes like all dark and depressed and wears a cure t shirt hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
just adding to the love.

i think it's fantastic how the cure have made songs that are upbeat and fun, and also dark and depressing ones.

robert (pic: afoolisharrangement)

Attachments

• robert81_002.jpg
    robert81_002.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 59
city girl said:
what do you guys think of their new work? i've only heard end of the world :smile:
The last CD was incredibly dull and uninspired for the most part. Pretty awful. Very "flat" production, too.

i thought the latest album was excellent as well. i can never fault em. Robert Smith is my personal jesus. :-P

i didnt know they had a thread:woot: i love teh cure:heart: great band!and i love all of their songs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marianaluciatorres134
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->