Sketchy Behavior- Fashion Illustrators

Celia Calle

Without a doubt, my favorite Illustrator at the moment. I just love her style!

Dismiss any preconceived ideas of fine art as you step into the mindset of Celia Calle. Calle's art aesthetic is strangely alluring and undeniably powerful. Her awesome images are ominous, commanding, sometimes warped, but always spiced with a generous injection of humor, in keeping with the artist's effervescent personality.

Born in Boston, MA, Celia Calle’s passion in creativity was distinct at a very early age. Her inspirations range from the Salvador Dali's surrealist reality and graphic novel art to classic films as well as animation.
After moving to New York in 1993 to study at Parsons School of Design, Calle originally intended to pursue a career in costume and accessory design, but she was continuously drawn to fine art and illustration.

Upon graduation with a BFA and Design Scholarship Awards for outstanding student in Fashion Design, The NYC-based artist worked on expanding her portfolio of artwork. Calle was commissioned to illustrate wall-size posters for Jean-Paul Gaultier showroom, as well as working with designers Calvin Klein Collection, Donna Karan and portfolio presentations for numerous design firms. She then decided to exhibit her work publicly.

Calle made her exhibition debut at New York's legendary Sound Factory nightclub in October 1994. The response was so over whelming she was invited to put on another show just three months later. The shows piqued the interest of the press and led to Calle-illustrated fashion essays in several magazines as well with MTV Networks, multiple publications with ESPNSports. Calle’s latest ad campaigns with Adidas Euro2000, Gatorade, Pepsi Sport, and Coors, is just the beginning of her long term goals and ambition.

Having recently completed a series of cover art for Marvel Comic’s newmini-series “Mekanix”, and cover art for DC Comics "Fight For Tomorrow", Calle is currently working on her own comics and seeking the opportunities in creating the new look for traditional animation with computer-based medium which she says,“will somehow bring the characters that's been living in my mind to life”.

JuneJoseph contributingwriterPAPER

Will psot some of her work in a moment, please bear with me....

i really love Celia Calle's work.. amazing! :heart:

my personal favorite. DAVID DOWNTON :heart:
i love his style.

740059.jpg

WOWO.jpg

BACK.jpg

BRONZE.jpg

740144-26897.jpg

FEATHER.jpg

:heart:

Some more drawings by Francois Berthoud from the book Unified Message. The b/w is for Givenchy, 2001.

very beautiful, he really is my favourite next to gustafson at the moment!

Francois Berthoud. Black for Ann Demeulemeester, white for Jil Sander both featured in Visionaire, 1998.

Lily D by Auckland artist Peter Stichbury :heart: i love this thread...
20da0324.jpg

gazillion. that's awesome... if you like this, you'd probably also like Lisa Yuskavage & Marion Peck...luv them ladies

Decoupage by Mats!!! I love decoupage so much and I haven't seen any that I've liked for a very long time...these are from Italian Vogue...Does anyone have this issue? I will buy it from you!!!!!!!!!! :heart::flower: please pm me if you want to sell it :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->