Skims S/S 2021 : Kate Moss by Donna Trope

Kate Moss has got to be the last person I'd expect in a Skims campaign.

Not much to see here, it's your classic Kate Moss - I love it! Any sight of Kate is a good sight.

Skims, Kate Moss and Donna Trope is a combination of names I never thought would happen.

This is so random. I don't even know how to react, except for my love for Kate Moss.

Let the battle of the weirdest collaboration ever begin:
Kristen Stewart by Juergen Teller for Chanel VS Kate Moss by Donna Trope for Skims.

I have to admit I wear Skims almost every day (lol). Most people find this surprising as I am not really a "Skims girl". The fabric is really incredible & it's a great base layer for almost anything. The campaigns are also almost always well executed and you can tell a significant amount of time/money goes into them. They worked with Comte just a few weeks ago...

Donna Trope should've at least tried to make her work look less like that of M&M. It's a faultless campaign, but doesn't say much. Kate looks great! Could have been 5 or 10 years ago. That's how unbelievable the retouching is.

Interesting shift in direction for this brand lol....from instagram-baddies to Kate herself!

It's so strange because Skims started as a body positivity brand. And now you have the ultimate avatar of the high fashion industry fronting it which once again just proves how desperate Kim is for validation. Even using high fashion photographers for e-comm.
They (the body positivity camp) won't be happy about this. They've been complaining that the movement is being hijacked by everyone else, Lizzo openly said this. You can look forward to a lot of TikTok rants over the next few weeks.

I've heard a lot of companies are using CGI hands in advertisements and websites. I wonder if Kim hired them to do Kate Moss. I would like to see a Black Mirror episode where a digital Kate Moss takes over the life of the real one. She was already a hologram once before. Who's to say that was the last time? Jokes aside, this is probably the worst photoshop job of her I have ever seen. It's not her anymore. Nothing about it is real. It's almost grotesque how artificial it is. I don't mean to be rude at all and none of this is geared towards her personally. I just find it insulting that people continuously refuse to show her natural beauty. It can't feel good to look at yourself in the mirror then see yourself looking unrecognizable in magazines. Perhaps she doesn't care anymore? I know that I would. It would always bother me to know that the version of myself that is in print will never be the real me. Okay, this really is starting to sound like a Black Mirror episode. I will just leave it at that.

I've heard a lot of companies are using CGI hands in advertisements and websites. I wonder if Kim hired them to do Kate Moss. I would like to see a Black Mirror episode where a digital Kate Moss takes over the life of the real one. She was already a hologram once before. Who's to say that was the last time? Jokes aside, this is probably the worst photoshop job of her I have ever seen. It's not her anymore. Nothing about it is real. It's almost grotesque how artificial it is. I don't mean to be rude at all and none of this is geared towards her personally. I just find it insulting that people continuously refuse to show her natural beauty. It can't feel good to look at yourself in the mirror then see yourself looking unrecognizable in magazines. Perhaps she doesn't care anymore? I know that I would. It would always bother me to know that the version of myself that is in print will never be the real me. Okay, this really is starting to sound like a Black Mirror episode. I will just leave it at that.
That's instagram for you. People are comfortable with looking at a certain version of themselves that fills their ego rather than the real unfiltered, unphotoshopped one. Once you find yourself in that vicious circle, it's hard to get out of it.

Kate looks absolutely amazing though, I'll give her that.

The campaign looks great. Btw when working with Kate, it's a mix of lots of retouching and in some cases using a different model's body :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->