Skin and Winter

I'm back in the very cold Lithuania where temperature can be very low, like -18. Such cold weather dries out my skin but I always use loads of Dr Hauschka Rose Cream and it seems to be working. :flower:
My hair gets oily fast too, but not sure what to do about it except wash it every day... :(

So far my skin hasn't been all that dry, it's my lips that are freakin' chapt ^_^

My forehead (lol!) and lips are really really dry right now. A bit of Canoderm cream (I usually wear Dermalogica's Skin smoothing) in my face and Carmex on my lips works wonders.

Also wind burn is a big thing when it's blowing in your face, it makes mine really red and it sort of looks like sunburn :blink:

^^If I ever get that (real red skin in appearance) I apply La Prairie Cellular Nurturing Anti-Redness Cream. Which I use very very sparingly since the company is discontinuing it. :judge:

Rose oil at night sounds nice, from Decleor. I also like Darphin's complexes/oils.

For body I just use Eucerin Calming Creme on wet skin for sure, it takes a good 10-15 mins to soak in and absorb, but its the best way to do it.

It's freezing outside...minus 10 degrees Celsius in the daytime. And my skin HURTS. No matter how I cleanse my face or how much moisturizer/oil I put on, nothing helps.

I think the cold is giving me rashes - I have dry itchy spots all over my body! Eww.

^Yay, we do! Which one is the best?

I just love that DK and Sweden are so alike... :lol:

If it's very cold outside then I use the cold cream from Weleda this is abosolutely great it smoothes my skin hoewer it might be too rich for a daily use.
I have normal to dry skin and wear the cold cream only if I am outside

I always get dry skin during winter but this year not so bad since I started to use almond oil on my dry spots^^ works really well..I put it on my face before I wash it in the morning and leave it there for a while..I have so good time in the mornings..also when I get home I put it on..but not if I'm wearing foundation or powder..

My face skin dried out because of the cold so I first put some Huile Prodigieuse by Nuxe, which strangely didn't do much. I've been using Avene Cold Cream the last couple of days and it's back to normal. However I wear it only when I'm at home, this stuff is too thick to add any make up on it.

Yeah I know..that's why I don't like using cold creams..

^Yay, we do! Which one is the best?

I just love that DK and Sweden are so alike... :lol:

:smile:

They have face creams, but I use their body lotion on my face too. It works fine! But I don't know if they have different types of body lotions?

as it's been so cold here in britain, it's been the first winter that i've experienced having dry skin, bearing in mind i have oily/combination skin. it's been particularly bad around my nose/nostrils, and although most of the dryness has gone, it's still looking very red - anyone know what i can use to combat this redness?

it's been dry here I so keep using vitamin e on my face and also a really great lavender face cream.I also put on smashed avocado for about 15 minutes to give some natural healthy oil.

I've started using Boots Botanics body oil - it absorbs into the skiny very well.
I use Almond Oil for my face when I can find some

My skin is already dry, so you can imagine that winter only does more damage to it! I have to load up on my night cream and pay close attention to my T-Zone area (it can get really flaky and red)

My hands are another story! I swear they get so dry they hurt!

Super Dry Winter Skin Natural Options!!??

I get the DRIEST skin in the winter and I'm constantly on the hunt for a natural product that will actually keep skin moisturized throughout the day.

For reference, my favourite brand is Dr. Hauschka, but the rose day cream just doesn't cut it in winter.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've actually been using Green Beaver sunscreen because it's so heavy and locks in moisture but I'm almost out and would love to hear other suggestions!

Thanks yall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->