Skincare - Body

Golden_butterfly

The mod squad
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hanne and I are starting a new thread about everything regarding skincare for body. Post your questions and concerns regarding treatments, products and recommendations etc.
:flower:

Woot!

One question (for now anyways lol:( Is it true that it's better to scrub/even wash your skin as less as possible? I heard the soap wrecks the outermost layer of cells... ??

^
To scrub your body too often might not be a good idea, try to do it not more
than 2 times a week otherwise it leaves skin irretable and dry. Soap is a big
no no in my opinion, you should use a showercream instead which leaves your
skin soft and mosturized :flower:

Jerry Hall once revealed that washing her hair as little as possible is the key
to having her soft and shiny hair which I find so disguisting.

I don't see any problem washing your skin, specially now in the summertimes
just make sure you mosturize right after :D

Disgusting? Thats a silly thing to say. If you wash your hair every day then you strip it of its natural oils and defences. This means that it gets greasier faster which may be your case. I have very thick hair and I find that I only need to wash it once or twice a week, and its very shiney - more importantly I retain my hair dye colour for 2 or 3 months over the average stay time.

In fact I think it's disgusting to not wash your hair often too. The natural oils may help to keep it shiny but it surely isn't a good idea when you live in a city with car gasses, grease and stuff like that landing onto your face and hair day by day. In that case you simply can't live with 1-2 times a week.

19 years of experience tells me otherwise - personally. I'm not saying that other people are wrong for washing their hair frequently. But I can't - which is why i'm a little offended by being labelled as 'disgusting'.

Does anybody know any good anti-allergy tablets that would stop rashy swellings on legs? They get irritated by clothes rubbing up against them...very sensitive.

misssakura said:
Disgusting? Thats a silly thing to say. If you wash your hair every day then you strip it of its natural oils and defences. This means that it gets greasier faster which may be your case. I have very thick hair and I find that I only need to wash it once or twice a week, and its very shiney - more importantly I retain my hair dye colour for 2 or 3 months over the average stay time.

Oh you missunderstood me, sorry for not being clear. I meant Jerry Hall being
' disguisting ' as she in that interview claimed she could go without a wash
for 6 - 7 weeks . I'm sorry if I unknowingly upset you and for being unclear. :flower:

misssakura said:
Does anybody know any good anti-allergy tablets that would stop rashy swellings on legs? They get irritated by clothes rubbing up against them...very sensitive.

Mayeb it's your detergent and/or fabric softener? For a pill though, Claritin(it's now OTC in the US) may help.

No worries ^_^

I use body lotion every time I shower just because I have really dry skin...it seems to only flare up when i'm on my period really, or when i'm wearing jeans. I also think when hair is growing back on my legs it doesn't help either......

I use body lotion after I shower, and especially before I go out for the night. Not only does it add a nice smell, but I love the healthiness of moisturized skin. :flower:

I have really dry skin on my upper body part (particularly my arms and my back) I put cream on every after I shower, but it still becomes dry after a few hours :cry: So I have to put cream on my skin every after a few hours. But I hate it because the more cream I put on, I feel like the more dirt sticks on me (yuck)... It's really itchy when it becomes dry though, so I have no choice... Do I?

shahoney, i don´t know wich body lotion do you use, but maybe you should try a different one. I would recommend something like Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion (i love the cocoa scent!!!) or some body butters (by The Body Shop), the Shea one is REALLY moisturizing. It´s heavy and thick but it feels wonderful on the skin.
Garnier also does a lotion called Repair that is specific for dry skin, but i wouldn´t recommend the ones called Cocoon, as they aren´t moisturizing enough.
Other than those, try some pharmacie brands, among those, i´m sure there is something for a really dry skin. :wink:

Elli said:
how often do you use body lotion ?

All the time.

Its my personal quest to get the softest skin in the world :woot:

Plus, I also have dry skin, so if I don't use it, I go all flaky :ninja: :yuk:

i have to wash my hair everyday,if i wash it sunday night,ill have to wash it monday night or it will be greasy tuesday.I think its just my hormones tho

I think when they say not to wash your hair every day, don't they mean shampoo it every day? Still actually rinse with water on non-shampoo days, is what I mean, so you're actually getting your hair wet in the shower each and every day, but just shampooing every other... am I wrong?

I neever use my bodylotion, I always tell myself that I'm going to start using it regularly though, is Nivea ok or do you go with some more expensive brands? And also, do you use it just to moisturize or do you believe in those that promise a cellulite free skin and so on...?

I moisturize EVERY day. I do it cuz it feels great and I wouldn't feel as nice if I hadn't put it on. Moisturized skin looks healthier...at least on me it does. I love it :heart:

ps: I use SVR xerialine 500 (has a nice smell as well)

Elli said:
I neever use my bodylotion, I always tell myself that I'm going to start using it regularly though, is Nivea ok or do you go with some more expensive brands? And also, do you use it just to moisturize or do you believe in those that promise a cellulite free skin and so on...?

No, you don't have to go for expensive brands. What you do have to do go for is what works best for your skin. :wink:

I use Vaseline Intensive Care - cheap but effective ^_^

I used a cellulite cream by L'Oreal which worked okay, and I've used a firming moisturiser by Dove which I loved!

Golden_butterfly said:
starting a new thread about everything regarding skincare for body.

:woot: finally.. so glad for this new thread, cause i have questions :P

*now, can someone please suggest a real good firming body cream/lotion please?
i need something that works well, price is not an issue, i'm looking for a top product , no super market kind of brand

thanks in advance :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->