Sophia Kokosalaki A/ W 2004 London Fw

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:woot: balanced departure from her own 'cliches',
interesting combination of dark shades, a success :flower:

i like the mair+makeup, the opaque tights & her boots :heart:

i like some of the first looks...an interesting turn, i think she's found her ground.

I LOVE the last two on that second plate and the group of black. Sooooo elegant! Impressive to say the least. B)

Real change in direction from Sophia here - I like the way she's going :flower:

Here's what WWD says about the collection:

Wednesday February 18, 2004

Sophia Kokosalaki: Gone are the days of twisty fabrics, spiderweb knits and impossibly transparent fabrics. Kokosalaki has taken on a more subtle, chic and refined mantle as her collection proved Tuesday night. The knits were almost weightless, draping across arms and torsos or gathered into a few narrow pleats across the front of loose-fitting dresses and turtleneck sweaters. Gossamer skirts were folded into small pleats, while coppery dresses hugged the body and draped downward from the waist. “I wanted to keep this collection wearable,” said Kokosalaki backstage after the show. “This season I saw a positive, optimistic woman, strong but not aggressive.” And who wouldn’t feel strong wearing a cropped vest lined with black fur and covered in flower-shaped metal buttons? Who wouldn’t walk with a certain swagger after tossing a shrunken sailor jacket over a lightweight knit dress?

Her work is lovely. Thanks for the post, Lena.

I see turn of the century details/moods here too...

Personaly, i prefer her past collections, I was a bit let down by this collection, I really enjoyed the begining and th etwisted/draped goss dresses, but i felt the black pieces where a bit boring. :wink:

i like her use of mettallics.....they dont scream and are appropriate

She did the best cape I've seen from anyone thus far. Long,willowy,well-structured...superb.

I adore her past collections too,but sometimes you've got to go in a different direction,otherwise people get bored. And by far, I am more impressed by her difference in direction than anyone. She's still sticking to her greek goddess sense but it seems to be evolving to suit her situation in London--much easier to wear,it appears.

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 19th, 2004 - 3:45 am
She did the best cape I've seen from anyone thus far. Long,willowy,well-structured...superb.

:shock: are we twins scott? :shock:
my fave piece from this collection is just this adorable cape :heart:

:lol: We might be :P

Love it :heart:

Btw,nice to see Erika Wall(Melanie Ward's-coincidentally-twin) doing some London shows

this is a really impressive collection, I love the colours she used and the way she matched them together - lovely show :flower:

I loved her previous collections - so I'm surprised that I really like this one too. I also agree that's it nice that she's changed her direction. I love her dresses and usually I don't like just black but she does it pretty well.

It's excellent! Is it me, or is the collection a little bit like Ann Dem? Not that I think it's a bad thing...

A wee bit,especially the draping and in the movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->