Spring/Summer 2006 Runway Music

StyleStalker

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know what music was used on the catwalks during fashion week? I'm thinking about making a Mix CD.

:heart:

does anyone know what music marc played at his spring/summer '06 show? not the marc by marc show. it sounded a bit like giant drag, but i'm not sure. thanks

A mix cd is a great idea. I was thinking about it all during the shows. I heard a lot of Bloc Party during the shows, especially "So Here We Are." And Nouvelle Vague was everywhere, especially their cover of "Love Will Tear Us Apart." And along those lines there was a lot dreamy, slightly-retro French pop music floating around, some of it remixed.
You can check out this website http://www.imaginaryrunways.com/ for a general feel of some of the show music, but it's not sooo "on" right now it seems to me.

StyleStalker said:
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know what music was used on the catwalks during fashion week? I'm thinking about making a Mix CD.

:heart:
Look in the Art Of Sound.

I actually discovered The Rogers Sisters watching the Marc by Marc Jacobs show.

And Nouvelle Vague is an amazing group. I love their "Melt With You" cover. I'm not suprised people are catching onto them.

Thanx for the links guys! :heart: :flower:

Sorry but I dont recognise any of the music, :( Ill try and get some names since I will feel guilty if i dont, and does anyone know the music in the Dolce & Gabbana show? I only know the BeeGees Love you inside out. :flower:

I couldn't watch the Dolce show.. I registered and everything and then the sound went kaput on me :doh:

Oh and don't feel bad if you can't get the name.. :flower: .. I googled the lyrics and I got nothing.. I wonder if the song was composed just for the show

I know, its hard with the lyrics - or your just typing the complete wrong thing - when i was looking for my friend dario i was typing something like i ate haribo :lol:

JR1 said:
I know, its hard with the lyrics - or your just typing the complete wrong thing - when i was looking for my friend dario i was typing something like i ate haribo :lol:

:lol:

I know what you mean!!

The soundtrack the Rakes did for Dior Homme S/S 06 is awesome, I think I'm officially hooked on the current British rock scene and I feel like I just wanna download everything by the bands that are creating a buzz right now!

JR1 said:

i think thats "my friend dario" by VITALIC

CharlottefromCA said:
Sorry if there's a thread like this already.. I couldn't quite find one..

Does anyone know the name of the song for the Calvin Klein show? Or who it is by?

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/S2006RTW/videodiary

Thanks in advance :flower:

are you talking about the one that was playing on the runway?

it is brian eno- this

its hard to find, so if u want me to send the song to you i can :flower:

lovesit said:
are you talking about the one that was playing on the runway?

it is brian eno- this

its hard to find, so if u want me to send the song to you i can :flower:

please!! :woot: .. for some reason that song is stuck in my head... and I've just been watching the video over and over... trying to get it out... tuning out Francisco Costa

what was played in dolce :bounce: ^ ybf is the show online on m/j's site?

At Versace, so far I have:

Missy Elliot - We Run This
Chemical Brothers - Shake Break Bounce

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->