St. John F/W 10.11 : Karen Elson by Greg Kadel

I tried to edit the title as 'F/W 10.11' but I couldn't. If a Mod sees this, please edit the title..

FIRST LOOK: The St. John Fall 2010 Ad Campaign!

by SJK Administrator

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Global luxury apparel label St. John launches its new Fall 2010 print advertising campaign featuring, for the second season in a row, British model Karen Elson and shot by esteemed photographer Greg Kadel. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]“We are thrilled to have Karen, once again, representing the St. John brand,” said Chief Executive Officer Glenn McMahon. “Her elegance and modernity resonates perfectly with the sophisticated, ever-evolving St. John woman.”[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Fall campaign, shot in New York, continues with the aesthetic of the brand evolution shown in the St. John Spring ads. Creative Director and Executive Vice President of Design George Sharp focused on modern silhouettes combining signature St. John knits and luxurious fabrics in crepes and double-satin. Sharp collaborated with photographer Greg Kadel to create a backdrop that would both accentuate the warm colors of the collection and capture Elson’s effortless beauty. The campaign will launch in the fall issues of Vanity Fair, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and the New York Times.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The fresh, ageless aesthetic is a continuation of St. John’s repositioning in the designer category beyond ready to wear and aims to resonate with the modern, elegant and international woman. The newest Karen Elson campaign sends a strong message that St. John is a classic brand which continues to evolve and inspire in the current global marketplace. [/FONT]

sjk.com

stjohn01.jpg

sjk.com

Compared to their previous ads (the ones before Karen) this is very blah.

Not really digging this and did they really have to match the background to her hair? Seems a bit annoying. Overall, it looks very splendid and that should definitely appeal to it's target customer.

Maybe a little boring, but I can't stop to admire the beauty of Karen :blush:

I like it,:D very warm colours and classic compositions. Wished Escada's F/W 10/11 was as simple and at least St John made great use of Karen's porcelain skin & ageless beauty.:heart:

Last seasons was much better of course, but Karen is always a pleasure for this brand.
This time around everything seems aimed to a much older demographic and I could easily see Julianne Moore in these ads. Lovely all the same and thanks Kanna.:flower:

It's so chic! But the red background doesn`t do any justice to her sultry red hair

preferred last season but it's karen afterall and she pulls it off

Last edited by a moderator:
That red background , the pieces they chose and Karen's cold skin..makes it feel so..St. John's Holiday? It looks like something to be ran during the winter holiday season.

As Northern Star stated, It definitely does feel like it's aimed toward a more mature audience.

I just love her hair in this. Her face is like a work of art. It keeps this ad from being boring.

I like it and its very St John..obviously targeted towards the older wealthy more sophiscated woman and sometimes cougar..lol

I think I am the only one who loves the red background with Karen's hair.. it has the feeling of warmth which is perfect for the fall and everything just falls into place, I think it's a beautiful ad campaign :heart:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->