St. John S/S 2010 : Karen Elson by Greg Kadel

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
source | wwd.com

A DIFFERENT LOOK: There will be no more glamour shots of Angelina Jolie or images of a vacationing Kelly Gray for St. John going forward. “[Jolie] overshadowed the brand,” said chief executive officer Glenn McMahon. “We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette.” This led to hiring model Karen Elson, who was shot by photographer Greg Kadel in a bare studio for the spring campaign. “We needed to show a modern point of view of St. John,” McMahon added. “We have evolved.”

The ads, directed by executive vice president of design George Sharp, will launch in the February issues of Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue. McMahon said the print media buy is up slightly and he is in talks about digital outreach, spending on which he predicts will be up 15 percent.

Gorgeous, her hair is simply flaming there.
It's the first time for Karen to work with Greg Kadel.

Nice!! no look St. John

she serves it like no other. Karen looks amazingly ravishing.

I wish I could pull off red hair! D:

beautiful shot, karen is always a pleasure.

great shot of karen, no doubt, but it doesn't really go a long way in establishing (or re-establishing) an image for st. john. also, didn't angelina own a part of st. john or something after her several-years deal?

wwd

can you see it now cottonmouth13?

Last edited by a moderator:
^I can now. God, I just adore her flaming red hair! :heart: She really knows how to rock it. She also looks great in that shot. Thanks Mchunu for reposting! :flower:

Karen looks gorgeous here, she looks so radiant. Without a doubt, these are a step up from Angelina's.
I'm to busy concentrating on her hair, rather than the actual dress. Thanks for posting MMA!

Stunning beyond words. Karen has this really luxurious quality about her that she transfers to fashion so well. It's a combination of her fire-red hair and her gorgeous cheekbones that just equals luxury.

Haha it is true that jolie is your main focus when you see the st. john ads. Btw, karen looks gorgeous here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->