Stacey Mark - Photographer

after looking at these photos i think i agree with mullet's opinions...
there seems to be something off or a bit missing about these photos... :unsure:
i think the light seems a bit too "glaring" in some photos...
especially those with windows etc.. :shock:.. just seems to sharp and blinding
and the fuzziness of some/most of the photos isn't working for me either... which i believe is the way the photos were made and is not the result of scanning

thanks for bringing this in angie... it's always nice to be exposed to a body of someone's work :flower:

you critical people, you:lol:
i must say while it's easy on the eye and not particularly 'deep' i still enjoy looking at her pictures, they mean to be sweet and they are... very contemporarily sweet.

Sneaking in here again to speak out in her defence since I brought this in...:innocent:

But no, really. I can see your points w the lightning and the somewhat fuzzy quality. But it really doesn't bother me, since I feel that the snapshot-quality is totally deliberate. There are people who might be do snapshot "better", but what makes her work stand out for me is (again) the intimacy, the "comfort zone" instead of the usual male gaze on the subject.

Thanks however for comments... (esp the nice ones)^_^ :flower:

Angie C said:
There are people who might be do snapshot "better", but what makes her work stand out for me is (again) the intimacy, the "comfort zone" instead of the usual male gaze on the subject.

that's an interesting point, it's something that i always saw in corinne day's way of depicting women...

^ah! That's def it... like in her early 90's kate pics.

(But of course I wouldn’t go so far as to compare them...)(yet)

I love her work, it's usually very soft, fairy-tale like..just very easy on the eyes. :heart:

bump!

A TWISTED TALE
NYLON MAGAZINE DEC/JAN 2007
Fashion editor: Aya t. Kanai
Hair: James Pecis at Bumble and Bumble.
Makeup: Robert Greene at see management for m.a.c.
Scanned by me.

markrn6.jpg

I like her style! It is very down to earth, unpretentious but glamourous and very... um, domestic? :P
I love the "wake me up before you go" ed, so playful and awesome lighting!

P.S. the retro vibe her photos have... :heart::heart:

I really like her style of photography...It's simple but very pretty and whimsical...I especially love the Helen Feskens Lula shoot

Aha, that's good news... I guess? I'll be watching out for her!

she really left nylon? i wonder who will be the new photo editor?

gorgeous pictures! love alot of the lighting and flowers :woot:

Stacey left Nylon over a year ago, the new photo editor is Steven Walker.

I've always loved some of the stuff she's done for Nylon, namely the pattern recognition editorial. :heart: I still have that saved some where in my room from so long ago.

Her Helen Feskens Lula editorial is equally wonderful but I'm not too fond of the new stuff for Purple.

I see her work with Asia Argento hasn't been posted. If I'm not mistaked she did a book or had an exhibition all of pictures of Asia. Either way, the series was called some girls wander by mistake. I'll try to find some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->