Stain On Silk Scarf!

pinkorigami

Reaction score
hi everyone, i just purchased a green silk scarf from Gucci, but then just today even before i had a chance to use it i dropped a chocolate dipped banana on it! does anyone know if this will be permanent and if not how can i get it removed?

I would take it to the dry cleaners, I'm sure they can suggest something.
Sorry about the stain :flower:

Originally posted by maarit@May 26th, 2004 - 4:45 am
I would take it to the dry cleaners, I'm sure they can suggest something.
Sorry about the stain :flower:
i agree :flower:

(although washing it with milk would help as well... but i take no responsibility in your actions, so use with precaution)

Silk is a really tough fabric to take stains off... I have a pair of hot pink silk pumps, and they got ruined a week ago because I walked all over SoBe on dirt, drinks spilled, cigarette ashes... Im telling you, silk sucks :lol:

Originally posted by Alejandro@May 26th, 2004 - 12:33 pm
Silk is a really tough fabric to take stains off... I have a pair of hot pink silk pumps, and they got ruined a week ago because I walked all over SoBe on dirt, drinks spilled, cigarette ashes... Im telling you, silk sucks :lol:
oh my god, i can so relate.
satin sucks as well, especially for shoes :\
jayzes! :/ assfffdfwe!

dry cleaners is the best option.
even though i must be honest and tell you that chocolate is very difficult to get completely removed.
last weekend i got chocolate dip all over my white COTTON trench and it still didnt come out :cry:

good luck :wink:

You should ask the dry cleaners how they will remove the stain before trusting them with ur scarf. Maybe even ask Gucci themselves. Go back to the boutique and ask the woman u bought the scaf from. Dry cleaners sometimes ruin my clothes so I don't really trust them. My mom gave me a tip on how to clean silk scarves, she tried it. This is what she said. Wash them, and then fold them and put them in the fridge. After you've done that, wait. Until, they get colder...my guess would be maybe for a couple of hours. Then take them out and iron (lowest heat level) them. That's what she said.Please, I am not responsible if this doesn't work.

It's not advisable to wash the scarve or any cloth before removing the stain. The guy at the dry cleaner told me this.
Tell me what happens.

Oops. I am really late in replying to this post. I didn't see the date. How did it go? Ok, then this is just a tip if it ever happens again.

aww I'm sorry. I have sooo many silk scarves (I'm a scarf fanatic) and I've stained maybe two of mine over the course of my silk scarf life; I've managed to get rid of both via dry cleaning.

It'll be ok. :flower:

Originally posted by tangerine@Jun 24th, 2004 - 4:56 pm
This is why it is always best to eat chocolate naked. :shifty:
Genius!!!! I never would have thought of that. :woot: :woot:

Although, I don't think she was wearing it when she spilled the chocolate. I'm not sure though, just the impression I got

Drycleaners are miracle workers. Don't touch it. Just bring it.

They got blood off of the Hermes scarf I had borrowed from my mother.

Oddly enough it wasn't my blood and the dry cleaner kept asking questions as if I had murdered somebody. :shock:

He looked scared until I explained to him that I got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time when 3 rugby players got into a brawl outside a pub that I was walking out of. I walked out as soon as one guy punched the other in the nose. :yuk:

Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:38 pm
He looked scared until I explained to him that I got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time when 3 rugby players got into a brawl outside a pub that I was walking out of. I walked out as soon as one guy punched the other in the nose. :yuk:
:shock: :yuk:

Originally posted by brian+Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:34 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:34 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:38 pm
:shock: :yuk: [/b][/quote]
It was creepy and gross jsut thinking that I had someone elses blood on me. I was all green in the face.

I almost faint every time I see needles and blood at the hospital.

When I was in the UK there was a blood drive at school. I made the mistake of looking over at some guy donating blood.

I fainted :blink:

In the US, Hermes sends their scarves and ties (well, their customers' scarves and ties) to a special dry cleaner in NY. I would never send my Hermes scarves to my neighborhood dry cleaner though they do an excellent job on most things. Perhaps Gucci and others have something similar.

I think that dry cleaner is Madame Paullete... Well known NYC upper easy side place that cleans couture and the likes. VERY$$$$$$$ though, but they will ship.
Pete

Originally posted by Pete@Jul 28 2004, 10:33 AM
I think that dry cleaner is Madame Paullete... Well known NYC upper easy side place that cleans couture and the likes. VERY$$$$$$$ though, but they will ship.
Pete
[snapback]317080[/snapback]​

Heh, I don't think there are enough dollar signs in your post. I think they charge like $50 to dry clean a shirt...

Originally posted by faust@Jul 28 2004, 11:35 AM
Heh, I don't think there are enough dollar signs in your post. I think they charge like $50 to dry clean a shirt...
[snapback]317081[/snapback]​

i'd pay that if it were for the dry cleaning of a very delicate haute couture garment... otherwise, i doubt it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->