Stephane Rolland Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

The first show consists designs by students from IFM and ESMOD.

The second show consists solely of Rolland's designs.

A parody of a parody, but at least it is inoffensive. Just same old, kind of meh, also stuck in his 00s like Valli, but I guess it is one of the brands we will have to be stuck with.

STEPHANEROLLAND.COM

Sometimes, I feel like Mr Rolland’s women are just drowning under all that fabric. The volumes are always too much and if it’s not the volumes, it’s the impossible train.

He is catering to a very specific clientele and I think the showmanship and the drama of the collection will definitely speak to them but sometimes, being more subtle is a good thing.

"The tribe of fabrics hoarders from the East". A place where high temperatures (and sweat) in summer clearly do not exist.

Really this is just a series of couture sacks and smocks. He's never been the most compelling when it comes to construction, but this is on another level. The corny side of 60s couture shapes and silhouettes, almost like a pastiche of a parody a la "Who Are You, Polly Maggoo?" without the self awareness.

I always enjoy his shows, he has a very specific client that he always delivers to. I've never seen someone wears Stephane Rolland an doesn't look regal. After watching the video, am not so sure of how difficult it is to move in some of the clothes and how heavy the shoes are.

Last edited:
I really like that dress with the fork-prong shaped cutout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->