Student Haircutting

LolitaLuxe

Vision of Paradise
Reaction score
some people want haircuts at nice salons under $100
but would you take the risk of having a student cut your hair? :shock: :o

Frédéric Fekkai Salon
Haircut: $30 (regularly $80 to $290). Color: $30 (regularly $75 and up).

cheap skate haircuts

If it was through a salon that had hired just trained people maybe MAYBE. i don't know. on one hand i'm like well you can get a cheaper haircut and people need to practice but on the other hand i feel that don't mess with hair.

Good topic, Lo B) ...I always wonder about this. Has anyone had this experience and wants to tell about it?

I have done.
The haircut was OK, but it took SO long.
The student was supervised, so every little thing she did had to be checked & double-checked and I was bored stupid sat there for hours.

i would DEFINATELTY

let them at me

but if they made a bodge i would get them to shave it all off B)

Hey, I cut my own hair too! Come to think of it, it's about time I cut my hair soon! B)

I would try it Lo, I have heard a little bit about it and I heard that it DOES take a very very long time, but maybe it will be well worth the wait! :smile:

Not for me, I've had too many botched haircuts in my life :unsure: .....now I only go to someone with lots of experience.

I did this when we lived in London. The cut was always great because it was well-supervised. The trouble is, as Feline said, it takes a very long time. That's why I gave it up.

Haircuts would be ok... I mean, if you don't want a total restyle, maybe just a trim or a simple cut.

However, DO NOT let them colour your hair! Mine was bright red yesterday from such an effort!! :woot: Thankfully, they managed to tone it down, but it was touch-and-go there for a while :angry:

Yes, I'm very picky about who colours my hair! It's too tricky!!

Unfortunalety its a tricky situation...I remember going to a hair school because one of my boss's clients was learning hair so I took a chance. I had long hair at the time and went in for a full head of hilights...WEll, a couple of hours and 15.00 later I got a beautiful head of hilighted hair. I consider myself very lucky that it came out so good...You just have to go in with the minds set that something may not turn out the way u want... but at least MOST (not all) the time, it can be corrected. :doh:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Jun 25th, 2003 - 10:42 am
some people want haircuts at nice salons under $100
but would you take the risk of having a student cut your hair? :shock: :o

Frédéric Fekkai Salon
Haircut: $30 (regularly $80 to $290). Color: $30 (regularly $75 and up).

cheap skate haircuts
I personally do not recommend it, no matter how famous the salon is.
( Bumble & Bumble or Fekkai or what have you. Students are students, and one owns no right to "justify" one's opinion when you voluntarily put yourself on the "experimental" chair with no fee or just a little fee.)

I had this experience once when I was in Paris. It was a very famous Parisianne beauty school. Needlessly to say, I did lots of damage control shortly after I went home by cutting my own hair. Mine was much better than that student. :(

No way! I love my hair and it's an emotional thing for me when I get it even trimmed :blush:

i surely would babyyyyyyyyyyyy

:smile: they can dye it too::::: my roots are sooooo long :wacko:

I would go for it. The prices at some salons are just outrageous!

And about cutting my own hair...that sounds like a good idea...tips, anyone?

Both my sister and cousin were students.. and My cousin ROCKS! My sister is only doing colour though.. now my cousin is into colour as well!!! However I know that an instructor is watching the whole time... they wouldn't allow you to leave w.o them checking it out first and if there were a mistake they would fix it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->