Student Haircutting

i used to cut my hair- i did that for like 4 years, but i got so tired of it- especially with a hair like mine which is short- pretty hard to see the back of your head :smile:

anyway getting a nice hair cut in a very nice place in Istanbul is not as expensive as it's in other counrtries. so I said to myself what the heck? why tire out myself :smile:)

I've had a student do a blow out for me and it was the worst blow out I've ever had! :angry:

I actually did this during the summer, but not for a cut.

My sister and I wanted to change our hair before we came back to Montreal. While driving home from work/shopping everyday (we were visiting our parents in Texas) we would see this beauty school with amazing rates advertised. I said what in the hell, I already hate my hair, if they f*ck up they can chop it all off.

It did take a long time but I was complicated. My hair had become lightened as a result of the Texas sun. I wanted my dark hair back but I wanted my highlights to stay the colour the sun lightened my hair. So I had to do reverse highlights with tons of foil and conditioner!

It was about 4 hours of my life gone, but it was well worth it. I enjoyed my colour.

i have done while i was studying in london. :ninja:
i didnt have that much money so 5 POUNDS to get a haircut from the TONI AND GUY academy in london just seemed good enough.
i came out looking like an idiot though :lol:

I had it done last week at Toni & Guy. I only had a trim but they cut it perfectly. The only problem was that it took 3 HOURS!!

helen glad they did an ok job! im pondering over my next hair project, i had the blonde extensions in on tuesday just at the front i looked a bizzare mix of debbie harry and karen o, fun if nothing else!

Hi Beki, that sounds really nice. I only went for a trim because I am still undecided of how I want my hair????

im thinking of keeping my length (i did cut the tails off thoug from that pic i sent you cos they were getting too mueted for me! im thinking black with purplr and maybe some white?

Sometimes the people who do the cuts for a reduced rate at a salon are assistants who are trying to earn thier chair....some people have to assist from 1-2 years. So they are licensed. They are learning the ways of that salon in particular. Some salons like you to blow dry and hold your comb a certain way so that there is uniformity.
and like it or not all hair stylists are students at one point or another....

I definately would. I mean it's just hair; it'll always grow back. Plus, you can always get it redone if it looks bad. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->