Suddenly... Azzaro!!

iconemod

Reaction score
Well, I've seen a previous post about "Vanessa Seward for Loris Azzaro FW04-05" , so I create this new thread for talking not only about Vanessa's work but about the potential in such a legendary (and kinda forgotten) brand.
Please put everything that comes to your mind: the comercial, the creative and even the red-carpet potential of this brand.

Personally, I see it as a high-gloss legend that has lost its gloss in the last days.
What it needs might be not such a tomfordesque revamp, but a sharp artistic-classic approach... The million dollar question is ... how? Is the market ready for Azzaro or viceversa? What could distinguish Azzaro from all the other glossy labels?
:flower:

you might want to add some pictures for people who are not familiar with the brand to get the discussion going iconemod...

just a suggestion...:flower:

personally...i saw a few pieces of it at harvey nic's in london and was mystified as to what the appeal is...it looks like bad 80's ...wannabe azzedine mixed with herve leger and some versace...

not modern or contemporary at all...
but that was only a few pieces...i don't know what the overall brand strategy is...

9980_index.jpg
7271_fr.jpg

7273_index.jpg

I decidedly posted the clothes that don't make it. What lacks here appart from a little dose of sexyness? Is the sex-factor the only thing that can revamp a legendary brand in our days?:flower:

Hey Ms. Tackytona!! :lol:

Are you still in Paris or back in Germany? How is/was your trip? :heart:

Great thread, btw :flower:..but I don't know much about Azzaro. Only about 'Chrome' - possibly the worst cologne in all of history.

I think Azzaro is a bit one-sided, with their draped and rhinestone-beaded jersey gowns / evening tops. I don´t know what else is there on offer, but that´s what comes to mind... and even then, I think it´s not super stunning at all, considering the pricetag... kinda mainstream but with a pricetag in the height of Rochas, Lanvin & co. no? I just think others have been doing the same for much longer (Sophia Kokosalaki) or there´s stronger competitors.

Arturo21 said:
Hey Ms. Tackytona!! :lol:

Are you still in Paris or back in Germany? How is/was your trip? :heart:

Great thread, btw :flower:..but I don't know much about Azzaro. Only about 'Chrome' - possibly the worst cologne in all of history.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Tackytona!! LMAO... well, Turi the trip was very fun and full of surprises, Paris seems to be gettin ready for the Couture Week while I am gettin ready for finals... :ninja: Now I am back from Paris :angry: and it is true... I just can't figure out another place to be :cry: . Tell me, that Chrome cologne smells like chrome? :shock: Welliwell, hugs for my Baeeleenciiaaaaeiiiigaaaaaeeeiii friend with his "so couture" :doh: avatar!! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Azzaro in Hollywood

It is a shame that Vanessa Seward for Azzaro does not have a widely accessible presentation, because I was quite intrigued by what she has done to the brand. Their management of publicity seems to be very measured, as I have not seen it all over Hollywood yet. But the actresses who do wear Azzaro are very well chosen, and you won't see two of them in this label at the same event. Vogue and Bazaar have taken note too.

Is Azzaro to colume gowns (with geometric cutouts) what Valentino is to floral ball gowns? I would love to see that happening.

00007f.jpg
20f.jpg

Who's been seen in Azzaro recently other than Mischa Barton?

vz8mkn.jpg
w1dvyh.jpg

picture source: GettyImages

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->