Suede shoes: A summer no-no?

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
Just wanted your opinion... I just bought some light grey suede round-toe pumps.. and while I think it's fine to wear suede during the summer.. My mom said that suede can only be worn during winter/fall...

Soo.. what are your opinions? Is suede a year-rounder type of shoe? Or is it only okay when the suede is a light color? Or does it just not matter?

The only problem that I can think of is how to keep the shoes clean, since it is such a light colour and suede is not the hardiest of materials.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing suede shoes in summer, as long as it goes with your outfit of course.

In fact, I have a pair of blue velvet flats that I am still planning to wear throughout summer... :ninja:

They're not THAT light... they're just not like dark charcoal color...

12014.l.jpg

I actually think suede looks great in the summer....I'm really not sure why, but it does to me.

I just bought these brown suede Cole Haan sandals:

D19016_A

I think they look pretty cute, and keeping brown suede clean shouldn't be a problem! I've honestly never heard the no suede in summer rule.

personally i think suede makes MORE sense in the summer- the winter there is more snow and ice and sludge to ruin the lovely suede- I say go for it

Maybe it's just my mom making up her own crazy rules. :lol:

I don't think material is anywhere as seasonal as style or color are. And even color is losing is seasonal restrictions.

Perhaps black suede maybe a little hard to wear in the summer because it looks very heavy but the grey suede pumps that you posted look lovely and would definitely be wearable for the summer!

I have some pale blue and pale green suede pumps which I wear on a night out in the summer.

Luna..after seeing your pictures I think it would be a pity not to wear your shoes out during summer!

Just go for it :smile:

Im glad you made this thread! I jsut got some blue suede Chloe heels from last year that Im planning to wear. The only thing is though I really dont want to get them dirty as suede is so hard to keep clean. :blink:

Suede is a big material for Coach for Spring/Summer and everyone is like "suede in the summer?" Im like, why not? Suede is actually lighter (in weight) than leather, so I think it works better for Summer (vacation logic).

I personally love suede, but it is such a hard material to keep looking decent.

I pre ordered a pair of green suede gucci sandals. I think it's perfectly fine :smile:

I love it and I think it's an especially great with bolder colors such as fuschia and electric blue. I think these Fornarina shoes are a great example.
1733-237154-d.jpg
1733-237155-d.jpg

zappos.com

I would wear these Prada pumps right now.
prodImage.ms

bluefly.com

my mom still doesn't care for it. she doesn't care for the patent leather thing in summer too, but i'm jumping on it as soon as i find some i like. these Louboutins are dreamy for me.

louboutinpinkpatentpigalle_1.jpg

3c_1.JPG

b9_1.JPG

4b_1.JPG

ebay.com

Yeah Luna.. no offense to your Mom, but I think that's an outdated rule :wink:

Especially since they make suede shoes in such a wide variety of colors these days... some more applicable to spring & summer :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrankBo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->