Suzanne Koller - Stylist

missnyc

Reaction score

café mode

Last edited by a moderator:
So that's what she looks like!! love her work for Self Service. Now that I see her, fits her perfectly. Really like her style in the eds.

Thanks, missnyc!

Some of her work:

Self Service April 2010 - Anna Selezneva and Malgosia Bela

Self Service SS2010 - Jacquelyn Jablonski and Hanna Holman

models.com/people/suzanne-koller

Vogue Paris August 2011
"Escale a la L.A."
Models: Arizona Muse, Isabeli Fontana & Raquel Zimmermann
Photographers: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Stylist: Suzanne Koller

storemags via visualoptimism

OMG. Her contribution to VP made me soooo happy!!! Quite graceful of Emanuelle to let her in but to be honest she might be sorry now. Suzannes styling just made sooo much more sense than EA and MW. The images doesnt feel as contrived and overstyled as the others and they have humor!! More Suzanne Koller in VP!! It needs humor right now.

THE FASHION WEEK
In the countdown to New York fashion week, we asked our favorite stylists
and fashion travelers to share their fashion week packing list. Those essential items in their suitcases
that bring comfort and glamor during four weeks of fashion shows.

Suzanne Koller, Fashion Director, Self Service magazine
1. Something Prada
This season: Fall Winter 2011 pleated leather skirt.
2. Céline prefall 2011 cigarette pants
In several colors and fabrics, the perfect shape for this season.
3. UNIQLO cashmere sweaters
Roundneck, longsleeved, favorite colors : navy blue, light gray, bordeaux, mustard.
4. Balenciaga Edition
Any Balenciaga Edition dress look and feels right any time of the day.
5. Prada oversized pouch
Fall Winter 2011 in natural snakeskin.
6. Nicolas, my driver
Because he makes everybody feel “worth it”.
7. Hermès losange scarf for men
In cashmere, silk or cotton, plain or prints. I love their color combinations.
8. Favorite scent
Les Exclusifs de Chanel, Bois des ïles.
9. iphone, ipad2
Movies, music, weather report, style.com, photos, research, etc etc.
10. The perfect blonde hair color
By Remy at David Mallet.
selfservicemagazine.com

INDEPENDENT WOMEN: SUZANNE KOLLER

The fashion director of Self Service talks fall fashion, dressing for the bloggerazzi and wearing two hats.

With her partner, Ezra Petronio, Suzanne Koller runs both a magazine, Self Service, and a consulting agency, Petronio Associates, which works on branding, advertising, and packaging for clients like Chanel, Miu Miu, and Comme des Garçons Parfums. Based in Paris, she has helped to launch the careers of photographers like Alasdair McClellan (who shot one of his first editorials for the magazine) and stylists like Marie Chaix (her former assistant).

Harper’s Bazaar: What do you like about the independence of editing Self Service?

Suzanne Koller: What I like about the independence of the magazine or independent publishing...[is] that you can enjoy personal expression. Especially as it’s our magazine — the editor in chief ’s [Petronio’s] and mine — I enjoy that we can basically do whatever we want to do and work with whoever we want to work with. That’s the biggest freedom you can have, actually. Or if you want to do one issue with just one photographer or just one theme, you can do whatever you want. You don’t have to report to anybody.

HB: Have you used that freedom to push it further than you might have otherwise?

SK: I don’t know. I don’t know if that’s the case anymore, pushing it further. I think today it’s kind of more interesting when you work for a more classic title and try to push things further there. I wonder how much further you can push things in independent titles today [laughs].

HB: In terms of fall, what stood out as things you loved?

SK: There was very much Prada. I always like that very much. Always surprising. There was Salvatore Ferragamo. I find it quite interesting the direction they’re going. Céline I like very much too. There was a lot of the ’60s but then the ’70s and ’80s too. I have a feeling we’re going to have every decade. But basically the most interesting things were looking forward.

HB: Do you have favorite moments from the season?

SK: I think it’s more before the shows that are the big moments. I don’t know if I like that particularly, but the circus before the show becomes much more important than the show itself.

HB: The circus — you mean the editors and stylists being photographed before the shows?

SK: Yes, exactly. Of course. It’s just like the red carpet. It’s worse than the red carpet!

HB: A red carpet where editors change for every show.

SK: I have a feeling people always did that. The big fashion editors, that’s what they did too, but no one would shoot them and show them on blogs every day. Ten years ago, I think, they were also changing to go to every show — going to the Helmut Lang show wearing Helmut Lang, Gucci to go to Gucci. Now it’s going really crazy. I think it’s fun. It can be annoying, probably, for some people too, but it can be fun to look at.

HB: Who would you say is fashion’s most independent woman?

SK: Cathy Horyn dares to say things that others are afraid to say or write. She doesn’t seem to compromise her opinion, which is quite unique in the industry. And most of the time, I agree with her opinion — which is rare!

harpersbazaar.com

Vogue Paris October 2011
"Les feux de la ville"
Model: Arizona Muse
Photographers: Inez & Vinoodh
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Makeup: Lisa Butter

fashion_screen.livejournal.com

Self Service Fall / Winter 11.12 : Arizona Muse by Alasdair McLellan (Styled by Suzanne Koller)

models.com

Self Service #35 Fall/Winter 11.12
Models: Arizona Muse & Daphne Groeneveld
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan

selfservicemagazine

SELF SERVICE F/W 11.12
Shala Monroque by Ezra Petronio
Styled by Suzanne Koller

selfservicemagazine

SELF SERVICE F/W 11.12

Claudia Schiffer by Angelo Pennetta
Styling: Suzanne Koller

selfservicemagazine via greyeyes

SELF SERVICE F/W 11.12

Anja Rubik by Ezra Petronio

selfservicemagazine via greyeyes

That Claudia Schiffer editorial is so lovely, great styling and photography.

SELF SERVICE N° 31
Photography: Max Farago
Model: Devon Aoki

selfservicemagazine

VOGUE PARIS NOVEMBER 2011

Central Park

Lara Stone by Alasdair McLellan
Styled by Suzanne Koller

fashion-screen.livejournal.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics