Tami Williams

^Very charming:wub:.. I seriously can't wait for fashion to start:P. I hope she turns up EVERYWHERE^_^

today #2. mug.
[

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite NYC S/S 16 Showpackage

models.com

Dolce & Gabbana Eyewear Campaign F/W 15.16

dolcegabbana.com

Meet the Duo Proving That Everything—Even Modeling—Is Better With Your BFF

by JANELLE OKWODU
Photographed by Peter Lindbergh, Vogue, March 2015

Navigating New York Fashion Week’s array of fittings and castings can be a daunting process even for experienced models, but everything is a little better when you have your best friend by your side. For Jamaican model BFFs Tami Williams and Kai Newman, the pre–Fashion Week action is all about staying focused and upbeat. “Last season was wonderful, and this season is off to a good start,” says Williams. “I love every part of the process. Normally I would say, ‘I wish I could do this or that,’ but now everything has started to happen, and it is nice to share that with a friend.”

Indeed, Williams and Newman have been filling their résumés with choice appearances for brands like Valentino, Calvin Klein Collection, and Jil Sander, in addition to booking a number of campaigns: Williams is a current face of Calvin Klein, and Newman stars in Maybelline’s newly launched ads. Beginning their careers at roughly the same time—both were discovered by Saint International’s Dewight Peters—the pair have grown up together within the industry: Both girls attended the same school in Kingston and balanced work-related travel with a full slate of tests and assignments. Their camaraderie offers both a built-in support system, as well as the benefit of someone who knows exactly what they’re going through. “We go to the same castings, we work on our reports from school together and hang out all the time.” Newman shares. “When you work with someone you know so well, you feel a greater connection to the project.”

Being from the Caribbean, both Williams and Newman view their success as a means of inspiring other homegrown talent. “It’s so fulfilling to see people I consider my brothers and sisters working and succeeding [in fashion],” says Williams. “We’re trying to push and make our presence felt for Jamaican models and for other black models as well,” adds Newman. One milestone the duo considered especially meaningful was their appearance in the pages of Vogue alongside fellow rising stars Malaika Firth, Aya Jones, Imaan Hammam, and Leila Nda. The Peter Lindbergh–lensed story provided both a rewarding experience and a bit of wish fulfillment: “Shoots are my favorite part of the job, and to be in Vogue was just a dream,” says Williams. “It’s always fulfilling to see models from Jamaica striving and making an impact on fashion—to be a part of that is incredible.”

vogue

She's such a chameleon, but she always brings a natural elegance to the runway. I was scrolling through pictures of DVF and was so impressed at how seamlessly she fits in with runway veterans. Hopefully she continues the momentum!!!

Tommy Hilfiger S/S 2016 New York (O)

vogue.com

Yassss! That's what I'm talkin' about. :blush::flower:

Thats what Im talking about..opening Hilfiger like a boss. Bring it Tami :magic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->