Tami Williams

Absolutely terrible campaign. Tami is serving though. Crop her out and lose every single other element of the the campaign and you've got a winner.

My thoughts exactly! Kmt. It's as if the photographer didn't want her in the campaign AT ALL. She barely makes it into the frames and is always outside all the major/central action. If this were a film, in the credits, she'd simply be, 'girl'. So...like...ugh what's the point?

kmt = sucks teeth or kiss me teeth (in Jamaican)

^

What are you talking about? She's the only black girl in the campaign, she's the only one actually modeling and is front and center in her black outfit.

And I'm pretty sure, they got inspired of this backstage shot of her during the SS15 show for the whole collection/campaign for Fall-Winter.

Just sayin'

style.com

So your argument she's a standout is due to the fact she's, and I quote: the only black girl in the campaign, she's the only one actually modeling and is front and center in her black outfit. Really? I find that very first degree.

Her inclusion is an achievement I won't deny. But my recrimination of the campaign speaks to her use/placement in the (frames) as whole, i.e. the 3 photos posted here. Not just the one photo. I don't know what your frames of reference are, but for me it feels like an appeasement/acquiescence of sorts.

Ok, say I give you center. But front? :huh: She’s the furthest from camera man. So that makes her more upper center or (upper) upper stage, if we're to borrow theatre terminology.

In the first photo she's practically indistinguishable from the border; and in the second, it's like she's #photobombed a family reunion.

Plus in such a dynamic setting where everyone else is interacting, I find her aloofness - and in no way do I put this on Tami - distracting, her presence contrived and incongruent with the vibe and harmony of the rest of the picture. Which sadly, makes her resemble a filler/token girl.

I'll resign to agree to disagree. It’s a notch for her career and resumé...and if I’m not mistaken, she’s now the second Jamaican to snag a campaign for the twosome. So for that, I’m content.

Models.com Hot List

Tami%20Hot%20List.png

mdc

W Magazine August 2015
Natural Selection
Ph:
Emma Summerton
Stylist: Edward Enninful.
Models: Ajak Deng, Amilna Estavao, Anais Mali, Aya Jones, Binx Walton, Tami Williams
tumblr_nr4sqylqlC1qir8txo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nr4sqylqlC1qir8txo2_1280.jpg

phlemuns.tumblr.com

W Magazine August 2015
Natural Selection
Ph:
Emma Summerton
Stylist: Edward Enninful.
Models: Ajak Deng, Amilna Estavao, Anais Mali, Aya Jones, Binx Walton, Tami Williams

*** Edited *** Please do not quote photos.
Actually, the name of this ed is called 'Now Trending'; my mistake:doh:.

Last edited by a moderator:
^here's a bts pic from the ed^_^
CJfJ2kjWoAAQIMG.jpg

twitter.com/edward_enninful

tami with a picked-out fro is more regal than ever.

W Magazine August 2015
'Now Trending'
Photographer:
Emma Summerton
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Models: Ajak Deng, Amilna Estevão, Anais Mali, Aya Jones, Binx Walton & Tami Williams

in HQ

photocouture-show.com

What a terrific editorial. All the girls look stunning, but Tami is shining bright like a diamond! Even among the most beautiful girls in the world, Tami manages to stand apart from the crowd.

I'm so obsessed with this beauty! There is absolutely no reason Tami shouldn't be the #1 girl working in the business right now. She just doesn't have a flaw. Glad she booked a campaign, and I'm glad to see the editorial work piling up. She's one big cover away from become the superstar she's destined to be.

Le Monde d’Hermes Spring/Summer 2015
Images by Laetitia Hotte

superselected

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"