TAO Comme des Garçons S/S 10 Paris

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

catwalking

I really like the styling for the show, the boots are my favorite.

who in the world? where in the world? what in the world?

What I've liked about Tao's work in the past is it seemed to have a soft, feminine vibe that is largely lacking here ...

This looks like it could have been created in a prison with the craft materials Martha Stewart left behind ... :ninja: :innocent:

wow! i guess everyone does a punk collection at some point. and this is tao's turn. and what a turn! love the dresses in posts 4 and 5 as well as the knotted pieces. the hair is shockingly awful but we're here for the clothes right? someone said this is junya through tao and they're right i think. tao is easily identifiable in here. she's been very soft and playful and sometimes even whimsical in the past and this is her more harder edged collection and she managed to do it just fine. nice one!

Hmm...imho this is the first mediocre collection from Tao...
Guess she's human too...:wink:

Hmmm while I don't necessarily like every single outfit, I am enjoying the references. The collection as a whole is very 1997 ska/punk and reminds me of thing Gwen Stefani would have worn onstage when No Doubt was still a musical force.

I need those boots though. People may complain about the studs trend, but boots like that paired with short shorts is a great look for spring.

It lacks the romanticism that usually appear as a different streak in a Tao collection...It does look more like Junya's work. Some of the knotted pieces reminds me of Lutz SS09 but she took it to the next level. I like it but doesn't speak volumes to me

leaving the questions of forced styling (even though maybe it was just a question of giving a perspective to the clothes, it totally submerged them) aside, i thought these knotted dresses would be totally in place in Vogue Paris/Purple universe. there was something absolutely sexy about them and nothing close to that heavy metal self-destructive kind of way (well, hello, mohawk hair!) the whole look suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->