Tatler December 2006 : Eva Green

tigerrouge

don't look down
Reaction score
Cover goes to actress Eva Green, shot by Alex Cayley. 290 pgs. Comes with 66 pg party supplement.

Notable ads include 4 pg De Beers pull-out with Linda E, 2 pg Dior handbags with Monica Bellucci (pic attached), 1 pg Louis Vuitton with Kate Moss, 3 pg Gucci resort, and 2 pg Dolce e Gabbana resort.

Jewellery:
NICE ICE BABY by Katharina Flor is a 6 pg shoot where different animals wear precious stone items (pic of dog attached). This seems to be a recurrent theme in this issue, as later there's a Harry Wonstone ad with a bird of prey (pic attached).

Attachments

• TATUK0612 Cover.jpg
    TATUK0612 Cover.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 293
  • TATUK Party.jpg
    TATUK Party.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Dior Monica.jpg
    Dior Monica.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 291
  • TATUK0612 Dog.jpg
    TATUK0612 Dog.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 291
  • TATUK Bird.jpg
    TATUK Bird.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 288
Beauty:
Opens with a windswept shot of Michelle @ Elite NY (pic attached)

KILLER LOOKS by Monika Robl is a short 4 pg look at the trend for red make-up, including eye-shadow, on Ellin Jakobsdottir @ Karin (pic attached).

Feature:
TRES BOND is the continuation of the cover shoot, a 6 pg feature with restrained portraits of Eva (2 pics attached)

Editorials:
OCH AYE THE NEW is a dire 8 pg reworking of the tartan trend on Katherina Kirk @ Supreme, shot by Stefano Galuzzi. It's horrible mismatched styling - as if tartan wasn't difficult enough to work with. I have a hideous family tartan in blue and yellow, so I know what I'm talking about. Or maybe I'm just a bit anti-tartan, from being forced to wear it as a child. (Pic attached - of the model, not the eyesore tartan).

HIGH WIRED is a 6 pg edit that's based on a circus scenario, but with simple, bold graphic lines. Charly @ Select, shot by Lee Jenkins (last pic attached).

Attachments

• TATUK Tartan.jpg
    TATUK Tartan.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 284
  • TATUK Eva 2.jpg
    TATUK Eva 2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 284
  • TATUK Eva.jpg
    TATUK Eva.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 286
  • TATUK0612 Red.jpg
    TATUK0612 Red.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 288
  • TATUK Beauty.jpg
    TATUK Beauty.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 287
  • TATUK Circus.jpg
    TATUK Circus.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 285
As far as I can see Eva looks sweet :heart:
She's too often photographed as a femme fatale. It's nice to see her looking different.

Better cover image, but gold writing in title comes out as black.

I didn't feel this issue was as good as some recent ones have been, simply because the editorials were rather poor, certainly second-rate in comparison to the ones UK Bazaar came up with this month, if the two magazines are considered together.

Attachments

• BetterCover.jpg
    BetterCover.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 22
I don't really like this, that smile somehow doesn't 'suit' her.:unsure:

tigerrouge, can you tell us what's included in the party supplement:smile:

seriously hate the "hands-on-waist" pose :wacko:
inside looks uninteresting imho

I love Eva Green. It's nice to see her on a cover... hope we see more of her.

It's good to see Eva on the cover, but I really don't like that hand on hips pose, it looks a bit awkward.

its not my favourite picture of her but i do love seeing her on the cover of magazines, i just love her look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->