Tatler February 2007 : Drew Barrymore

tigerrouge

don't look down
Reaction score
Cover:
Drew Barrymore by Lamsweerde & Matadin. 170 pgs.

Notable Ads:
Inside front cover 4pg Burberry fold-out
2 pg Gucci
2 pg Dolce e Gabbana
2 pg Louis Vuitton
1 pg Bottega Veneta
4 pg Chanel
2 pg Bedat & Co with Carmen Kass
3 pg Ralph Lauren
3 pg Chloe
2 pg Escada
2 pg Fendi

Notable Articles:
2 pg Style File with writer Clementine Hambro
1 pg interview with young Irish actor Andrew Simpson
1 pg interview with actress Hayley Atwell
1 pg Beauty File with Susanne Kapoor
4 pg feature on banking cells for anti-ageing & fetility use (1 pic attached)
4 pg feature on Drew Barrymore
6 pg interview with Russian tycoon Alexander Lebedev

Editorials:
SHE'S GOT THE LOOK sees Katsia @ Ford NY wear silky daywear separates over 8 pgs, shot by Donald McPherson, on location in a grand house, The aesthetic influence is supposed to be Balthus, though its not coming through to me, even if his daughter, Harumi Klossowska de Rola, does also appear in some of the images (2 pics attached).

LADY LUCK is a 6 pg feature on Martha de Blank, a person that Isabella Blow has anointed as a style icon in the making, at the age of 26. Photographed by Philip Treacy, this is nothing other than a love-in about someone in Isabella's social circle.

CLUB CLASS is a 6 pg feature on the opening of "hot new nightclub" Chloes, in London, as illustrated by a lot of posh offspring misbehaving in the place (1 pic attached).

YOU FLOW GIRL is a 6 pg location edit with Caitriona Balfe @ Elite NY wearing chiffon dresses against a grecian background. Shot by Ram Shergill, I've seen Caitriona look better (1 pic attached).

Overall:
Not a great issue; fewer ads than in both UK Vogue ad UK Harper's Bazaar and not many real articles to speak of. Avoid.

Attachments

• TAT0702 Cover.jpg
    TAT0702 Cover.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 165
  • TAT0702 Cells.jpg
    TAT0702 Cells.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 164
  • TAT0702 Balthus.jpg
    TAT0702 Balthus.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 165
  • TAT0702 Balthus2.jpg
    TAT0702 Balthus2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 163
  • TAT0702 Bar.jpg
    TAT0702 Bar.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 165
  • TAT0702 Balfe.jpg
    TAT0702 Balfe.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 165
Umm, seems like Drew by Inez & Vinoodh is just a re-use from her AnotherMagazine Cover's shoot :(

tigerrouge would you mind scanning the new ralph lauren ads? i don't think we've seen them yet :smile: :flower:

Sadly, no scanner, so I cannot provide shots of any quality whatsoever, other than these woeful mobile phone ones - though I can tell you that the Ralph Lauren ads are not any great departure from the usual, and from what I remember, Valentina was still the face in the ones I've seen so far.

the cover's really nice, i have to say, and the ad (the posted one) looks good too...

I'm not sure if it's a reprint I believe that the picture, makeup and styling is very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->