Tatler June 2024 : Danielle de Niese by Luc Braquet

I tried to post an insta link, it never works for me these days, I've been sick the past while, I've no energy left to tolerate anything, and I'm never starting a thread again, because it's not worth it. But as much as reactions to Tatler are usually on the same profound level as a teenager whinging against the unfair nature of the universe, at least nobody will sh*t the thread up with comparison posts involving Madonna. Hopefully.

I should also preface any review of the magazine with: I'm not English, I don't live on the mainland, I'm literally and figuratively miles away from any of it, I subscribe because I find the content exotic, and the people inside don't tend to wear sweatshirts and trainers, or try to sell you that as the pinnacle of fashion.

Anyhow, I got my print subscription earlier today, it's 144 pages. I don't know who the person on the cover is, but it looks like when you order something from a company and the box is full of scrunched-up paper to fill the space.

Inside page ad is Dior, there's also Gucci with Kendall, but most of the ads are for jewellery, watches, alcohol etc. There's a special fold-out for Brad & Penelope for Chanel.

There's a brief look at Christian Horner (recent F1 scandal), people moving into east London, and an interview with Damian Hurley. The cover story has more glamour than the cover shot suggests, plus Lady Carbisdale's plans to reimagine the Hanging Gardens of Babylon at a Scottish castle. You can tell this is Tatler, because being trans would have her on the cover of most other magazines, but here, it's more of a footnote. The Travel section looks at British hotels.

The fashion editorial, "Real Housewives of the Cotswolds" is shot by Luc Braquet and styled by Hannah Teare, and riffs on a range of characters that you'd find in Plum Syke's new novel.

A bit of a filler issue.

As always they deliver a stunningly unapologetically rich 1% cover and am here for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->